ice-cubes-3-jpg.99892

SOTD Wed. 5/4/16
Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema ClassicView attachment 18319
Pre Shave Oil: Shave Secret View attachment 18319
Shave Soap: PPA CiderHouse 5View attachment 18319
Shave Brush: Semogue 620 BoarView attachment 18319
Razor: 1959 E2 FatBoy (9)View attachment 18319
Blade: LadasView attachment 18319
After Shave Balm: Stirling Glacial Lemon ChillView attachment 18319 View attachment 18318 View attachment 18318 View attachment 18318 View attachment 18318
After Shave Splash: Stirling Glacial SpearmintView attachment 18319 View attachment 18318 View attachment 18318 View attachment 18318 View attachment 18318
Soap: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe SoapView attachment 18319
Cologne: 1881 by CerrutiView attachment 18319
146071651195370610.gif

Good morning friends. The FatBoy on a setting of 9 with a Ladas provided a blissfully close smooth shave today. First shave with a PAA soap and this one is CiderHouse 5, graciously PIF'ed by a friend. It's such a wonderful soap i can't begin to explain what an easy yogurty, slick, beautifully scented lather this whipped into face lathered.View attachment 18319 To me it smells a bit like pumpkin and gingerbread oh, how lovely!View attachment 18320 Glacial Lemon Chill balm provided that icy finish i crave for a wonderful start to the day. Have a great shave and a great day folks. :)
pic31-jpg.101935
Great choice of Cologne there Robert..sadly (for me) I find it doesn't last long enough...but love the Juniper citrus vibe:cool:

Beautiful Morning here ...very spring like:D

Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson "Classic" 1 Best
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Razor: Gillette Ball and Tech (50's)
Blade:Voskhod
A/S: Cold (as a witch's teat) Water brrr + Nivea Balm (proper fancy)

Another grainy and appalling photo for your delectation folks ...

Also one exciting bit of news..I shaved with Maca root cream... AND .... I ate some Maca root on my Porridge/Oatmeal this morning.:eek: In powdered form. Tastes quite weird.
But it's good for you so hopefully I will get eye lasers or be able to fly pretty soon.:D
Your brush is very beautiful. :)

Wednesday 4 May 2016

235983d1462367999-sun-may-01st-sat-may-07th-sotd-04052016.jpg

Roberto's Robinia - Black Locust Brush

I recently received a nice gift from a member of Mastro Livi Club of Google Plus and the very appreciated gift was a lovely shaving brush he made for me by hand. Roberto - this is the name of the maker - made the handle with Robinia (Black Locust) wood and the loft of the brush is wild badger. The grip is really comfortable and the wild badger loft offers a good performance also thanks to the backbone of the hair. As for the razor, this time I used this gorgeous Mastro Livi Carbon Damascus "100 Layers" with a twisted pattern and an incredible extra full hollow grinding, of course completely handmade by Mastro Livi and just by using his well known wheel grinders. Super smooth and close shave, not to mention a blade capable of singing like a tenor while graciously and smoothly gliding over the skin like a velvety feather with a super keen and cutting edge.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Roberto's Brush, Wild Badger, Robinia - Black Locust Handle, 24mm Knot
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Carbon Damascus "100 Layers", 13/16 Extra Hollow, Square Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbria Extravirgin Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Back
Top Bottom