S.O.T.D Saturday 29th June to Friday 5th July 2013

Saturday 06-29-13. MUSIC: The Animals - The Animals (US Album - 1964).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEpuPUacKig[/video]

cef2c4f1-305e-42be-82cb-8a9cb5254e67.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 blonde badger - Feather all stainless - Red Personna #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Oriental Plum - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Health & Aloe CRG - ASL Spark.

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #16
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Brush: Thater 4124
Cream: T&H No 10 cream - scuttle lathered

This brush could well end up being one of my favourites. It's superb.

Have binned the nubbin of GFT Sandalwood I had left. Rarely got the hang of it TBH, and this cheapo T&H cream kicks it in the love spuds. I won't be buying that one again.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: T&H 1805 cream
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock black/Indian
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

I'm really liking these indian Gillette 7 O'Clock blades. Close and super-smooth!

Have a great evening everyone.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
Simpson's Colonel X2L, Cella
ATT Atlas R1, Rapira Swedish (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

The Atlas R1 works a treat on a two day beard. Lovely shave

Saturday, 29.vi.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue Barbear Clássico Cerda protótipo
Calani Eis Engel
Gillette Brit. Tech #27 set
Czech Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Williams Aqua Velva ASL

P1070216.jpg

:)

Evening, gents.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Weishi
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Monsavon
A/S: Brut
Cologne: Paco Rabanne pour Homme

Eventually got a smooth shave after a lot of scraping back and forth - that might explain the short-lived redness. I might aim for a less smooth but visually acceptable shave tomorrow to see how long it takes before I start stubbling up. Any hints on how to use a very mild razor? I'd thought the Perma-Sharp would compensate, but it wasn't really enough. Still a good result, though.

Prep: Bath, Bulldog face wash and hot flannel
Brush: Vulfix 404
Razor: Progress on no.1 (Astra SP)
Cream: Ingram
A/S: Alum, witch hazel and Superdrug Forest fresh

First time with the Progress, was a good shave but took a bit of getting used to after using my 34G HD. Got 3 small weepers, sorted with the Alum. The Progress feels more aggressive than the HD on the lowest setting.

Mr.Magnus said:
Razor: Dubl Duck Wonderedge
Brush: Simpson Tulip 3
Cream: TOBS Mr.Taylor
ASB: TOBS Mr.Taylor

2 passes ATG,WTG BBS! Love this new razor.

DSC00738_zpsb9bb0970.jpg

My vote for SOTD photo of the year so far - and that's saying something given Dr. Dulcamara, Mikael and Jamie's efforts.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Hive by Simpson
Razor: Iwasaki
Soap: Cade
AS: Blue Floid
Result: Very, very clean :D

UKRob said:
Mr.Magnus said:
Razor: Dubl Duck Wonderedge
Brush: Simpson Tulip 3
Cream: TOBS Mr.Taylor
ASB: TOBS Mr.Taylor

2 passes ATG,WTG BBS! Love this new razor.

DSC00738_zpsb9bb0970.jpg

My vote for SOTD photo of the year so far - and that's saying something given Dr. Dulcamara, Mikael and Jamie's efforts.

Wow. Cheers Rob, Mikael's photos has always stunned me. he always get perfect light and focus. with that said i think he's nr1 on SOTD pics :) (PS next time i visit you Mikael hide your camera cuz i wanna steal it lol :))

Cheers Magnus! You take very good pics I think and you're right, at some point the camera will set you back or maybe lift your pics a little. I'll hide it :D

It is a lovely pic tho, yours, and the razor looks stunning, absolutly fantastic in fact! My God - I want one like that! Lol What size is it?

Greetings

Sunday 30th June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus NOS
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Great shave

Regards
Dick

DSC04447.JPG

Mikael said:
Cheers Magnus! You take very good pics I think and you're right, at some point the camera will set you back or maybe lift your pics a little. I'll hide it :D

It is a lovely pic tho, yours, and the razor looks stunning, absolutly fantastic in fact! My God - I want one like that! Lol What size is it?

Thanks :). its a 6/8 at 20,8mm, i did clean it up and when i got it the blade hit the right side scale about 3/4 from the tip, so i tryd to hit the pin but it didnt help at all so i took the hairdryer and aplyed heat to the upper pin at the same time as i held the razor in a straight position and once the scale was softer i quickly run it under cold water. this method worked outstanding and i cant even tell its been warped before now. i didnt find any threads about the technique so to be honest it was abit scary when i tryd it :)

another fun fact that i didnt know is that the wonderedge has swedish steel and is ice-hardened, says it on the box :D

Prep face wash L'Occitane sandalwood soap
Razor Feather DX AC
Blade Feather pro
Brush Morris & Forndran in faux Tortoiseshell
GFT coconut oil shaving cream
Alum & Thayers toner
Una Brennan neroli moisturiser
Penhaligons Castile Edt

Extremely smooooooooooooooth.

Gillette Tech
Israeli Personna (2)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Barbon shaving cream
Proraso aftershave balm
Simple Rich moisturiser
Floris JF edt

I'm starting to narrow down my selection of razors.

Saw a Kropp today in a charity shop. Two in fact, but one had a chip in the blade and a hairline fracture right the way through. The other was in slightly better condition but, for the work that needed doing on it, the £30 asking price felt a little steep!

Back
Top Bottom