S.O.T.D Saturday 28th October - Friday 3rd November 2017

g5J2Nsih.jpg

There's always room for a bit of Lavish & Green Irish Tweed in the parlour.

Fri 3rd Nov.
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
ER Natural Angle [ HFT ]
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Continuing along with the Vintage SE theme while the blade is still good. Today chose the British
Version of the G-Bar, the Ever Ready Natural angle.
It Is a very nice Razor to hold and is very manoeuvrable during a Shave. It is not overly aggressive
and though I enjoy Shaving with it , I find that in order to get a really close all round Shave I have
to do a lot of extra polishing up work.Would be a great daily Razor for those with lighter beard growth than mine.

IMG_0384.jpg

Friday...

Soap - Vitos Red
Brush - RazoRock 22mm
Face lather
Razor - Gem MM Clog- Pruf (CC)
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's
Smell - Floris Special No.127 EdT

The Gem is a great razor, IMO. A sturdy workhorse built to last and delivers a great shave. I'm also enjoying the Vitos. I think I prefer it to Cella (although it's a great soap too) because the former has a better post shave feel for me.
3E09A96F-E2BE-4F2E-8F88-17792C04D44B.jpeg

Shave of the Day, Friday 03 November 2017.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap.
Razor - ATT SE Alu
Blade - Kai Titan Mild (pink).
Soap - L'Occtaine Cade.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Myrsol 'lemon' Splash, followed by Cade aftershave balm.

Away with the Mrs for the day today and I was under pain of death to have a quick shave.

A DFS + shave after 2 passes. We have been hill walking up north (Blair Athol) and the Cade balm has been great in tens if skin protection.

All the best,

Chris

Friday 3rd November

Birch Tar Soap
RSC Facial Scrub
LEA Shave Stick
Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Brush
Feather Portable Razor with a Gillette 7O'Clock Sharp Edge
Alum Block and Rinse
Arko Classic Cream
Murray & Lanman Florida Water

The LEA is rapidly becoming my favourite Shave Stick. I haven't used the Feather Portable for ages but every time I do....I ask myself 'Why did they discontinue this razor?'

Three passes for a wonderful BBS shave:)

Just discovered that the security certificate for my image hosting site expired yesterday so at the moment ALL my photos are non viewable (for me anyway).

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Cream: Simpsons Citrus Burst
Razor: General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro Super

IMG_20171103_170419.jpg
The scent of this cream is growing on me, not really a citrus burst, more of a mellow yellow.
The blade is past its best, tugged a teeny bit on the wiry grey area first pass, but was still a good Friday shave.

SOTD

RazoRock 400
Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Cream
RazoRock MJ90 with the 'A' plate fitted

171103_sotd_1-jpg.20002

All I've got to say is, if you're looking for adjustable base plate razor, yes a Rockwell 2C is cheaper but the MJ90 gives a better shave IMHO.

Used a Rockwell for the last few months generally on plate 3 and it never shaved me as well as the MJ90 did tonight. Used both plates, the 'A' plate for the first two passes, down and across, then the normal plate for a second across the grain before going against and the blade was Wilkinson Sword on it's 4th use.

Yes the razor lacks the weight of the Rockwell but it was a joy to use and the blade is fully enclosed.

Last edited:
Friday 3rd November 2017
View attachment 30547

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: iKon SBS + Windrose handle
Blade: Croma (#2)
Brush: Vulfix 404
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea Soothing
How'd you find the SBS? :) interesting looking razor for sure!

Back
Top Bottom