Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Treet SE, Bakelite handle
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann Lathviathan
Brush ~ Razorock silvertip Synthetic
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA Post shave balm
Scent ~ L'Occitane pour Homme

A real treat using this razor, lightweight and extremely maneuverable. Left super smooth in no time at all.

Enjoy the first day of November people........ :)

Last edited:
SOTD 1NOV17.JPG
#SOTD 1NOV17
Razor: Timeless Bronze .38
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Bishop
Soap: L&L Grooming & Chatillon Lux Catalan's Prairie
EdT: Caldey Island Lavender
My first go with the Bronze Timeless and I must say that it is a smooth shaver. The description is correct in that its aggressiveness is between the .68 and the .95. There is a lot of blade feel but I could maybe chalk that up to not using the correct angle so I will need a few more tries with it. So far, I really like it...the appearance is, shiny! The weight is lovely as well (I like heavier razors). I am looking forward to using it for the next week to determine if I'll keep it. It is definitely more aggressive than my TR-2.

Sotd - Tuesday - 31/10 -

Razor - ER 1912
blade - Gem - (lost count)
brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell
soap - Haslinger Schafmilch
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea 2 in 1.

Result - top end.

Nice shave - taking off 3 days growth without effort. A crap day to work outdoors - if you were in central Scotland. Pishy, pishy and no daylight - which is a bit of a drawback if you are a photographer. God bless modern Nikon digital cameras - they can see a black cat in a coal cellar. It's getting to the stage that they see better than your human eyes - but given what they cost - so they fu***ng should. I needed a good shave. I have been using my - albeit limited collection of - vintage single edges recently. I'd forgotten how good the 1912 was. My head had been turned by the Schick and MM OC brass but this might just be the jewel in the pack. It looks a bit awkward and clumsy but in use it's the very opposite. I notice other members talking about how good the Haslinger soaps are - which they are - but complain about the - granted - very small size of the soap in its diminutive plastic container. No problem for me - I use a brush scaled to match. Works a treat. Everybody should try a Wee Scot - if that's not your fancy - Vie Long do horse hair versions with a similar knot size. The Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave is my new favourite thing. Very - if not astonishingly - good for the price. As predicted I didn't need a balm after using it. So - job done - BBS. I enjoyed that - I hope you enjoy your shaves too.

Thanks again to @Wayne Pritchard - for gifting me this razor. Yours - I.

"Pishy, pishy and no daylight " - sounds like a good day in Fife :) YMMV.

Chris

Shave of the Day, Wednesday 01 November 2017.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Myrsol emulsion.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0 (Plate **).
Blade - Personna injector (PTFE coated) (Day 6).
Soap - Proraso Soap Eucalyptus and Menthol.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A very nice almost effortless shave today, a few weepers, nothing that s splash of cold water could not sort out - time for a blade change possibly.

The Myrsol emulsion worked well as a preshave, I usually use this post, must remember to try this more.

I can't decide whether to stick with the Personna blade on Plate ** or move up to a Schick Proline P-20, which would be a manual blade load, as I have not loaded up an injector cartridge with the P-20's.

On a different tack, I was chatting with the lovely people at Blackland, about the Sabre Level-2, via Facebook. The conversation turned to my inquiring about the possibility of their being a UK based vendor for their products, which I am happy to note that the response I received was - no date, but we are actively working on this.

All the best,

Chris

Shave of the Day, Wednesday 01 November 2017.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Myrsol emulsion.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0 (Plate **).
Blade - Personna injector (PTFE coated) (Day 6).
Soap - Proraso Soap Eucalyptus and Menthol.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A very nice almost effortless shave today, a few weepers, nothing that s splash of cold water could not sort out - time for a blade change possibly.

The Myrsol emulsion worked well as a preshave, I usually use this post, must remember to try this more.

I can't decide whether to stick with the Personna blade on Plate ** or move up to a Schick Proline P-20, which would be a manual blade load, as I have not loaded up an injector cartridge with the P-20's.

On a different tack, I was chatting with the lovely people at Blackland, about the Sabre Level-2, via Facebook. The conversation turned to my inquiring about the possibility of their being a UK based vendor for their products, which I am happy to note that the response I received was - no date, but we are actively working on this.

All the best,

Chris
Great news re the UK stockist for Blackland products, get in there! :) P.

This would have been my SOTD
And this is the first day of Nov I'm going to try not to shave this month
although it's going to be hard mail call icon x3 with se handle from those
guys at Connaught Shaving great service from them and great price
listed as a second I can't find anything wrong with it and the thought of
whole month till I can give this bad boy a try if only I had the wife's will power lol

Brush Yaqi
Razor icon x3
Blade Derby Premium ( not tried before )
Wickham cashmere soap
Wickham cashmere balm
Davidofff Horizon Extreme

image.jpeg

SOTD 20171101.

9mSl9aq.jpg

Yaqi model R151016-S2.
Dusy Professional MEN Kabinett.
Supply Single Edge V1.0 ("Classic" insert).
Schick Proline B-20 (1).
Hawkins & Brimble ASB.

8_C1_D2_D82_38_EB_48_AD_AE85_8_AFB8690_B9_D5.jpg

SOTD

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
MÜHLE 25mm Synthetic
Merkur 34c
Gillette Silver Blue
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica Aftershave
Mr_Perfume Creed Green Irish Tweed

I really missed SV products... So wonderful to use! First go with “GIT”, not sure what I think yet, was hoping it would be greener? Don't get me wrong it is green but there's something else in there quite strong that detracts, I've not put my finger on it yet.

Back
Top Bottom