S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th May to Friday 31th May 2013 ...

Greetings

Monday 27th May 2013 Bank Holiday
Prep: Shower
Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Kent Luxury (MWF)
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A really nice shave.

regards
Dick.

DSC04360.JPG

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Pass around Fatboy (9)

My god I think I've got it! This is my second time round on the pass around fat boy and I could never get the angle right. Well it turns out after some googling my angle was fine I just had it set to mild (4-5). So wound it out to 9 and changed my grip to a little higher up the razor and now have BBS results, one tiny red patch.

Very satisfied!

Kent (mwf), Henk walnut silvertip, New Standard with Astra SP, SFH Grapefruit a/s gel. Very nice indeed. I'll be using the Kent a fair bit this week I reckon.

Monday 05-27-13. MUSIC: Depeche Mode - The Best Of Vol 1.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nQcOFO_lYs[/video]

939be645-9875-4966-accb-c3cce9faa297.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran blonde badger 25X53 - Gillette Fat Boy - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Sir Irish Moos - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Sir Irish Moos - ASL Sir Irish Moos.

Prep: Coal Tar Soap face wash
Soap: Nanny's Eucalyptus & Tea Tree
Brush: NF 2204
Razor: Ever Ready 1914/GEM SS Blade
Aftershave: Proraso Green Tea & Oat

Very smooth shave, annoyed about getting a couple of weepers but that'll teach me for being over confident.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: MWF (soap of the week)
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Progress @3, 2.5, 2
Blade: Treet (2)
After: Alum, Superdrug FF AS, Coral Skin Food

MWF Week Day 1

Haven't used the Fat for a long time but had no problems lathering it up. I usually soak the whole soap and tub in warm water while I shower, then spend about 30 secs loading the brush with the tub upside-down then transfer to bowl. Masses of lather, creamy texture which resulted in an easy shave, even though I'm not really keen on Treet blades I managed a DFS, with nicely conditioned skin.

It will be interesting to see how my skin feels after this MWF week. I'm also wondering if my skin can manage this much lanolin. Soon find out.

SOTD20130527_zps22dae71d.jpg

Monday 27th May 2013 Bank Holiday

Prep: Shower, Nivea facial scrub and Lemon Head & Shoulders on face
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (6)
Brush: New Forrest 2223 High Mountain Badger
Cream: TOBS Lemon and Lime
Aftershave: Alum block, cold rinse then Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic allowed to dry.
Balm: Proraso Liquid Aftershave cream

My first good allround shave with the Feather, took me a lot longer than a DE shave but I was in no hurry. Result was not BBS but very good and very pleased with myself. I think improvements will be smaller from here. Still find the chin hard to get right. On the other hand no nicks, cuts or weapers.

Cheers,
BR

Monday 27th May

sotd27513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
MWF soap scuttle lathered (Soap of the week)
Simpson 59 best badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat 66
Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Lovely close and clean shave today. It's been a while since I used the wool fat. The lather is lovely and slick. I soaked the soap in its container while I had a shower as it had dried out due to not being used. The soap simply burst into life in the scuttle. My first shave with this Aristocrat which I think is a 66 ? I don't have a case for it.

Brian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Simpsons rebranded best
'Webly'/Tungsten Personna 74 (NOS)
Kent SS (thanks Secret Santa)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (older version)

After using the soap I am once again reminded how healthy my face feels after shaving. Very good performance coupled with a truly clean/soapy note. Nice stuff.

BBS results,

Martin

coming to the last couple of shaves of the new monthly routine. I think it's been difficult as i have acquired 4 razors this month so the temptation to break the rules has been strong. I've kept my discipline and have enjoyed the results.

*erasmic cream
*merkur 43C
*isana boar brush

pre - boots freshwood shave soap as face wash
Thai Superthin (3)
post - alum
- freshwood A/S and balm

another great shave. the weight of the 43C is ideal for my neck but i still don't love it. very useable but I won't be itching to use it while it's resting. we'll see how i feel in a year's time when it comes out again. Love the boots freshwood range. it reminds me of my dad.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest Tubby 1, MWF (soap of the week)
ATT Atlas M1, Permasharp (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Excellent shave
Great lather from the MWF... it clearly couldn't put up any kind of fight against the Tubby 1.
Tried the M1 head with the Atlas handle. I prefer shorter handles, I think... not the weight, must be the balance. It almost shaved as well as the Weber... heh! heh!

Monday Afternoon

Prep: hot shower
Razor: Merkur head, Weber classic handle
Blade:NOS English Wilkie gold 5 (2)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Silvertip, unknown make
Soap: MWF, first pass. Nanny's Vetyver 2/3 pass
A/S:Barbershop bay rum,
Balm: Mennen Afta
EDT: Trumpers Eucris

Bit of a test today. Have a handle to re knot and want to get it right. Tested the vintage brush with 59mm loft, it is soft as silk, but lathers MWF and Nanny's soft soap with ease.

Merkur never let's me down, the NOS Wilkie (thanks Steve Sunbury) is such a smooth forgiving blade, I even tried Mantics polishing technique without any irritation.

BBS shave today, no sting from the wonderful Bay Rum, the Mennen is a fantastic balm (thanks Trainman) I see it is available from Amazon £16 for two bottles.

Eucris has a superb smell, all in all a good day at the sink!

Back
Top Bottom