S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th March to Friday 31st March 2017

4GHFkLWh.png

Hello Monday! Can I get a coffee before we start please?

DSC_0694_zps3djxsae7.jpg

DSC_0518_zpsnx2zpy1e.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Russian Dvuhzakovnaya 1/2 Hollow 5/8th (Freshly Honed)
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Shave this Morning with My Russian Dvuhzakovnaya 5/8th..I Finished this 1962 Russian Dvuhzakovnaya 1/2 Hollow 5/8th on My Arkie Surgical Black.16 K Lapping Film was My Pre Finisher..This Edge is Light Years Away from the 16 K Edge I Plonked Down..Super Sharp & Mellow on the Face..This Commie SR Took to the Arkie Like Scotch & Ice.o_O

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Morning gents,

Yesterday's late night shave, I have a tendency to shave late in the evening, I don't know why!

Anyway, this was the last of my shaves with the treasure trove of goodies provided by @Acer89. It was a razor I haven't tried yet and one I'd been looking forward to giving a go, the Schick E2. Now, I'd love to know what blade I loaded into it, but I have no clue. I had 3 already used injector blades in my bathroom, kept on a magnet, I thought I'd labelled them, I hadn't. It could be one of three, the Personna, the Chinese Schick, or a NOS Schick. I really would like to know which it was because it was a bloody good shave!

I pulled out my Romera Rustic Chubby, Machurian 30mm knot. Now, Romera brushes are getting a terrible rep at the moment, not because of the quality of the brushes, but the awful customer service seemingly provided by the proprietor Gustavo. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to deal with any shenanigans from the maker and the brush I have is magnificent. The handle is beautifully turned and the knot is different from anything else that I own. It's lovely, equally at home painting or swirling, it has just the right back bone and lovely soft tips. It's a great brush and one I look forward to using many more times in the future. Just a shame that more people can't enjoy them because of that shoddy customer care!

Two passes with the E2 and I was smooth and happy, not the “closest” shave I've ever had, but close enough and a very comfortable shave. I literally whizzed around, no fear at all of being nicked or cut. It just got on with the job and the small head made it easier to get under my big beak! Compared to the King Cobra this is much more manouverable and a much quicker shave as well. Hard to say which I'd prefer as they are both different, but I thoroughly enjoyed both. Out of all the razors James sent me, those two are my favourites. I'll be sad to send them back, I'm sure James will be delighted to have them back though!

Have a good Monday guys

img_20170326_224315-01-jpeg.9854

image.jpg SOTD 27th March

Iwasaki Kamisori 60mm freshly honed.
Soap Callani Tonka
Brush Shavemac two band D01
Post Thayers lavender
Edt Acqua Classica Borsari

I got a wickedly close shave from my Kamisori, I took my time and not one drop of blood was lost. :) the scent from this soap is outstanding and it performs very well too. All in all a great shave.

Enjoy the sunshine people......:)

Last edited:
Mon 27th March
Omega s10065 Synthetic
De Vergulde hand
Ever Ready 1924 + S/S handle
Gem S/S [ 3 ] & 1/2 spine shim
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

With Central Heating Engineers due in, had early Shave & Shower. Quite surprised how smooth and quick the shave
was with the 1924, but I had added a 1/2 spine shim to the blade, not for all I know but works for me. At the moment
Shaves are going well for me, even with razors using the sharper AC type blades.

IMG_1211.jpg

View attachment 24339 SOTD 27th March

Iwasaki Kamisori 60mm freshly honed.
Soap Callani Tonka
Brush Shavemac two band D01
Post Thayers lavender
Edt Acqua Classica Borsari

I got a wickedly close shave from my Kamisori, I took my time and not one drop of blood was lost. :) the scent from this soap is outstanding and it performs quite well too. All in all a great shave.

Enjoy the sunshine people......:)
I said no pictures of this brush Paul :D Well done, great set up. My new kamisroi is with Jamie to hone. It's not in the best shape though so we shall see...

Back
Top Bottom