TTFFC Ember soap
Seygus razor
BiC Platinum blade
Old Spice aftershave
Aveeno balm

64de1febce5424ee5c9cb409a789cf86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thursday 2 March 2017

3qw6UIYCrnjnD-HDjWR4hOkglDJiiBousXnH-qmLdFXF0gPpfk9Yd-b2LssR2eb_88dmy3KdYpSKQC9VtRE-82NnXSKtu-_KFg=w1366-h768-no

RazorGuy Shave

Once in a while I like shaving with all the products I make at home as a hobby. To me, this adds an extra pleasure to the pleasure of shaving, not to mention when you use a Mastro Livi straight razor like the one I used today. This Mastro Livi ArtInox - that is his artisan made stainless damascus steel - is really a superlative shaver giving a super smooth and close shave, an impeccable BBS. My almond oil shaving cream proves to be an excellent soap, in my opinion one of the very best I have ever used in my life. The finishing touch provided by my Bay Rum was the perfect companion to this amazing shave.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Almond Oil Shaving Cream
  • Brush: MÜHLE Travel 31 M 530, Silvertip Fibre, 21 mm Knot
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi ArtInox, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Ultimately a superb shave with the Clog-Pruf, but I feel I've confirmed that the GEM stainless blades are only good for two full beard and head shaves. Once I swapped out yesterday's blade performance was great. As a matter of comparison I know I can easily get four per DE blade.
dc2d11b2c4024f0150374b48a57b42e9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thursday AM 2017-03-02

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razors Blue Lapis Lotus, Manchurian White (26mm/57mm)
Westphal's shaving cream (vintage)
Weber DLC/UFO Godzilla
Wilkinson Light Brigade (3)
Ralph Lauren Polo Green aftershave

I got the bandages off my neck and the staples out yesterday, a week after carotid artery surgery, so now I can shave half my neck in addition to my cheeks and chin, just avoiding the actual incision area for at least another couple weeks.
lI1iXWW.jpg

Last edited:
Evening gents,
I actually had this shave yesterday but lack of decent Wi-Fi blah blah!
So I decided to have a Germanic shave, muhle razor, tabac everything now the aftershave balm turned up, couldn't think what blade was German so used a polsilver si.
Managed some fairly major cuts, and weepers, yet I felt relaxed and enjoyed the shave.
Sorry pic isn't very classy, work, weather, .....
IMAG0230_1.jpg

Thursday 2nd March

SOTD 2nd Mar.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Merkur 45C
Blade: Rapira Swedish Super Steel (#3)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Soap: Monsavon bol à raser
AS: none! In hurry this morning and forgot!

Another great shave, I was in hurry this morning but despite rushing shave was fine, except I forgot to apply AS balm.

image.jpg SOTD March 3rd

Razor.. Hone type 15a
Blade..Gillette Nacet #1
Soap..OSP Neroli
Brush..Cadman Bell TGN silvertip
Post..Thayers lavender
A/S Fine Platinum

I thought it about time I bought one of my DEs out to play, it seems ages since I've used the 15a and I'm pleased I did.... A great shave from this razor/blade combo.

Have a great Friday people......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom