S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th December to Friday 30th December 2016

Sunday 25 December 2016

SOTD-25122016.jpg

Mastro Livi Inox Extra Full Hollow

I love the smell of juniper wood. Not only it has a lovely Mediterranean scent, it also has a beautiful texture I truly like. That's why today I used this Mastro Livi shave brush, having a handle in juniper wood, because I wanted to smell that fragrance. Not to mention the fact the loft of this brush has a magnificent performance: a two band silver wild badger providing a good backbone while giving a lovely caress on the skin. A perfect combination with the amazing P.160 shaving cream with a luxurious wealth of soft and moisturizing lather. As for the straight razor, I used this Mastro Livi Inox Extra Full Hollow, a straight razor with a stainless steel blade delivering a super smooth and close shave. Floïd Blue provided the finishing touch - in my opinion one of the very best aftershaves around - for a super satisfying and velvety smooth shave.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Nuova Elberel P.160 Professional
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Double Band Silver Wild Badger, Juniper Handle, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Inox, 6/8 Extra Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue

I forgot to post this yesterday, from my shave two days ago, merry Xmas everybody;

First shave yesterday with the Seygus pass around razor.

I had 5 days growth and the beard was getting itchy! Extremely just week and I was delighted to get rid.

Seygus Brass OC
Shavemac ATG Unique 400 bulb
P&B Star Noir
Thayer's Aloe WH
Speick AB
Speick AS
Argan oil

Great two pass shave. Mowed down the beard, left me smooth, not DFS or BBS but a great result with only two passes and zero irritation, no weepers and no nicks. Lovely. And the heat retention from the razor is nice as well.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Weber ARC
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - 'The Duke' (Duke 3 Best)
Soap – Stirling - Texas on Fire
Post - Witch Hazel, Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil
Fragrance of the Day - Amouage Tribute Attar

There is a reason why the Weber has a cult following, and with the Astra S/P, gave a sublime, 2 pass shave. Whilst the Texas on Fire was superb in every way...I really dig those smoky scents, so much so, that I decided to wear my Tribute attar.. yep, the original one, in the reddy/brown box... hohoho, merry Xmas y'all..

Had my second shave with the Seygus yesterday. I tend not to be a daily shaver but I did on holiday and when I get a chance in the UK I try to shave as often as I can.

I didn't have the best shave with the Seygus yesterday, I must admit I don't think open combs are the best suited for me to use daily. Compared to two days ago where I had a few days growth, the shave was great, no irritation, no weepers and a great two passes. Yesterday wasn't as good, two weepers and a little irritation and my neck. Still a reasonably close shave, but not as good. I think this razor will suit me with a couple of days growth rather than a daily shaver. Still a decent shave though.

Merry Christmas :D

Xmas Day
StirlingSyn 26mm
MWF
General SE
Kai mild pink
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff green A/S lotion

First Shave with new Razor.Light but incredibly effective,those Chaps who said it was good were not exaggerating . Though light really produces a most smooth close Shave,and the Kai blade suits me
Very well.
Glad I got one, truly outstanding result for a light Razor

Option Five Shave No.2
Sputnik (4)

Very smooth and very efficient shave with the new O5. The closeness is comparable to the Fatip Piccolo and RME15 I've used the last two days, but it feels much smoother on the skin during, and also the skin feels less strained after the shave.

WD20.40 O6 preshave formula
Speick man Cream
Semogue 830
O5 w Sputnik(4)
Speick Man ASL
Speick Man ASB

I will keep shaving with the O5 until either the General or the SingleEdge arrives! Faboulus!

Have a nice 1st Christmas day!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sunday AM 2016-12-25

bn4l5YY.jpg

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26mm/67mm)
Williams shaving cream (dried) + Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving cream
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Hexagon Helix
Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger (5)
C&E Sienna aftershave (vintage)

The Williams + C&E made wonderful lather, thick and rich and very fragrant.
WHCSSXo.jpg

Damaskeene with injector blade shimmed GEM Blue Star (I know, got em cheap). Following traditional cargo pants strop blade had phenomenal initial sharpness and smoothness, near BBS in two passes, but seemed to run out of steam mid head shave. Perhaps more of a sprinter than distance runner but really enjoyed the beard shave. Happy Holidays y'all.
176463c3b710089ab74ab283b98adfa4.jpg

Christmas Day

SOTD 25 Sec.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Red
Razor: Ikon Shavecraft 101 + OSS Handle
Blade: Sputnik (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver tip
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
AS: Mont Blanc Lotion

Quick but decent shave today, no time to try the Razorock Hawk that I got for Christmas, I will save that for tomorrow. I am liking the Ikon 101 more each time I use it and today's shave was quick and effortless.

Boxing Day Planned SOTD

SOTD 26 Dec P.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Red
Razor: Razorock Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (#1)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Soap: P&B Baskerville
AS: Mont Blanc Lotion

Planning to try the Razorock Hawk, the P&B Baskerville and the Kent BLK4 Brush that I got for Christmas.

I washed the BLK4 in shampoo before it's first use and wish I had taken a before and after photo, it bloomed after washing and looked like a different brush. Washing it showed the brush is floppier than the other Silvertip brush I own, a Hans Baier, but if the way it lathered the shampoo is anything to go by things are looking good.

After finding a Kai DE Blade would not fit in my Feather Popular recently I now find that a Kai Guard blade (Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG B-CAPTM1 - with Guard) will not fit in the Razorock Hawk, as I had a sample pack from Shavedash.com I tried the other blades and they all fitted OK but not the Kai with the Guard. It would not fit over both posts, I had another blade that I had been using in an Ikon El Jefe and this was the same so I don't think it was an issue with the one blade. What is it with me and Kai blades?

Back
Top Bottom