S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th December to Friday 30th December 2016

396201d693f061955410686e8da7b622.jpg

SOTD: 25th December 2016.
xmas day shave..JPG

Shaving recipe for Christmas Day.

Prep: warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Peppermint & Eucalyptus shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Bloom water face wash.

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Russian Ideal Adjustable Razor (setting 4).

Blade: Wilkinson Sword .(1)

Brush: Wilkinson Sword .

Soap:Wilkinson Proraso Sandalwood . + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Thayers Aloe Vera & Rose Petal Witch Hazel./Gillette Sensitive Balm.

Proraso Red Sandalwood Aftershave.

A wonderful shave to start my christmas day ...lots to do but i'm going to enjoy it..first time use of the Russian Ideal adjustable i used setting 4 to test it and i must say it's not aggressive at all..i haven't got another adjustable to compare it with but overall it's pretty good...a nice 3 pass +pick ups easy shave with no errors to report.finishing the shave off with another new addition delivered by santa last night Proraso red sandalwood aftershave..feeling very festive. Enjoy your Christmas day,everyone wishing you a Merry Christmas and peace happiness,& contentedness for 2017.;)

Merry Christmas Gents,

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea face scrub, L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre: King of Shaves oil and bloom water
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: Thater 4125 (3 Band)
Soap: Saponifico Varesino Stella Alpina
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm

First outing for the Blackbird. It gave a close shave but it's not a razor you can throw around your face, unlike the ATT S2 or Fatip.

The corners and some of the edges were very sharp. In fact I caught myself with one corners and drew blood.
I also found it to have a lot of drag. This was something I was concerned about when deciding which finish to go for.
This is of course the first time I've used it so I see how I get on with it. It might be going back to Shane to be polished and take the sharp corners off.

It does come across as though I didn't like the Blackbird. Although there are a couple of teething problems I did really like using it.
The feedback was excellent and it gave me a very close and irritation free shave. Plus it looks very, very cool.

I'll see how the OC base plate fairs on the next shave.

OK I'll leave it there. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope the day goes well for all of you.
Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom