S.O.T.D. Saturday 23rd June to Friday 29th June 2018

Friday AM 2018-06-29

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass Level 1/Triad Aristocrat Copper
Wilkinson Light Brigade (3)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)
aX5mqp0.jpg

Fri 29th June
Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 12 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

I was not too sure how the Shave today would go due to the blade being well used.I was careful to use a good soap, which the little Omega 11137 created into a rich lather in next to no time..
I was careful not to rush so had an easy comfortable Shave, with a really good quality finish. I do not expect so many Shaves out of a blade,the norm being around 9 or 10 max. These Prolines do keep a good edge and never seem to pull, and are very reasonably priced.

IMG_0142.jpg

Last edited:
Friday 29th June

La Toja Stick
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Shark Stainless (1)
Floid Mentally Vigorous Aftershave

Shark blade not smooth as I'm used to with Astra SP. Managed ok without mishap though.
Super slickness from La Toja soap as always.

My last work day shave for a week.
My wife and I are going to Cheddar on Monday, lucky us !

SOTD 29.06.2018
....... Hopefully pic to follow......
Pre: Shower, Bulldog face wash
Soap: PAA Coconut Oud
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Giotto synthetic
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Feather (2)
AS: Fine Platinum
Scent: Xerjoff Zefiro

A fairly quick shave before heading off to work today. Carried on with the feather after the previous success, however did manage to get a couple of weepers. Nothing serious, went away after cold water rinse and AS. I have just invested in some Permasharps, so will try them out next time. Still loving this razor, must buy one at some point! The smell from the soap was wonderful and provided a lovely lather. Finished off with the Fine Platinum..... smells awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on some of the barbershop scent. A few sprays of Zefiro and rushed out the door.
Enjoy the rest of your Friday evenings guys

Fri 29 June

Warm water head and face shave

Prep: Head & face wash with Magno Classic soap
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (#3 / 2.5 / 2)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (#5)
Brush: Simpsons Simfix Synthetic re-knotted with a AP Shave Co 24mm SynBad knot
Soap: Wickham Soap Co 1912 Magnum

I re-knotted the brush last night and it was night and day from what it was to what it is now - the previous owner said he couldn't get any splay from the brush well, neither could I, hence the re-knot. I did find the knot had a bore depth of 19mm, so adjusted this with the aid of epoxy and two of the UK Mint's finest 10p pieces after abraiding the coin faces with the aid of Dremmel allowing me to set the loft on the new knot to 54mm.

Back
Top Bottom