S.O.T.D. Saturday 23rd June to Friday 29th June 2018

42261559824_584b276456_c.jpg

Blackbird SB + Polsilver SI (3)
Shavemac snowman 26mm 2 band Silvertip (extra dense)
Cryogen
Fine Snake Bite AS

Sunday 24th June
Vig Shaving 28mm
Lea Classic Soap
Ever Ready Streamline
ER Corrux stropping blade
Alum
Electrif's Lemon Chill A/S
Dove Instant Hydration Cream
nR5TLZw.jpg

My attempt at a cooling aftershave. Menthol crystals in some Selin lemon cologne with added Witch Hazel & Glycerine. And boy, I got it spot on. After a lovely close result from the Streamline I was left cooled and refreshed. Just perfect for this warm spell.

Sunday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap: Barrister & Mann: Eventide
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: King of Oud Aftershave Toner
Fragrance: PG02 Cozé

remember Torvill and Dean.. the Bolero.. well, this shave was the Bolero of wetshaving... Faultless!!! that is all I need to say, really.

Sunday 25th June

Olive Oil Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Preshave Cream
Alvarez Gomez Agua Colonia Barbaria Shaving Soap
Vie-Long in Olive Wood with an AP Shave Cashmere knot
Little Wren Shaving Bowl
GEM MicroMatic Clog Pruf with a GEM SS Blade
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Barbaria Agua Colonia Royale
Alvarez Gomez Aqua de Colonia Concentrada (later)

A beautiful fragrant Sunday Shave......marred only by the fact that I am working tonight:(

3 passes with only a small touch up for a satisfying BBS shave:)

Sun 4th June
Omega 11137
Tabac soap
Schick F
Schick S/S Single -Japan ( 11
Tabac A/S Lotion

A rather simple list of Ingredients but good enough to guarantee a really relaxed and effective Sunday Shave. I enjoyed a day off from officiating and had a nice Sunday Roast and even watched the Football with the mute on.

IMG_0135.jpg

And for this wonderful day my chosen theme was 'Timeless Spicy Butterscotch'.

20180624_180242.jpg

I am happy to once again scribble away on SOTD. Not as though I have secretly been bearding (from the verb 'to beard'), but more struck by idleitess as my grandmother would say.

And for today

Timeless 0.68
Polsilver Lodz
Muhle Butterscotch synthetic
OSP Spice road Shaving cream
No scent today as away working on the boats

What more could I ever say about the Timeless which I haven't said before. It remains my 'Top of the Pops No.1' although a recent spate of using my Ikon B1 nearly took this accolade away. In recent months I really have come to terms with Ikon and what a piece of savage brilliance it is. As happy to remove stubble as it is to slash your neck. But, a return to the point six eight has me realising wonderful shaves don't need to include personal injury and can be delivered by the most beautiful DE I can think of.

The butterscotch brush was a wonderful purchase from Steve Bowles as a much needed synthetic to travel with. Does what I want a brush to do and looks tasty as it does so. Good enough to eat

OSP. Simply the best as Tina once sang. The scent still intrigues me in a very pleasant way. In a similar manner to the brush, again almost edible. Fantastic properties and creams like a cream should cream in a creamy way. My only negative being I need to buy more just to be bowled over by their other scents.

A very tasteful shave this evening and feeling like a delicious smoothie.

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: white Marble
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 with Nathan Clark Envy White Knot
Soap: Officina Santa Maria Novella Crema da barba
Razor: PAA DOC SS on Stork Consul TI
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Floid Mentolado Virgoroso
AS Blam: I Cononiali
SOTD_20180624.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Back