Shark Super Stainless (4)
Proraso Eucalyptus Menthol Shave Cream
RR Chrome 26 mm Synthetic Knot
Nivea Creme Balm
Clubman After Shave
You shaved twice this morning Jerry? ;)

SOTD 20170428

yZDPzvv.jpg

Brush: J&T® Bahia tulipwood / silvertip.
Shaving soap: Jabones by Luna "Fauno".
Razor: 7 O'Clock NEW / custom SS handle.
Blade: Asco Super Stainless (red wrapper) (2).
After shave: Arko Men Cool after shave cream.

The NEW is my favorite vintage razor - this one is made in the British 7 O'Clock factory.

Smooth (obviously).

Have a nice day, gentlemen ! ;)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 28 April 2017

Brush: - Semogue 1250 22/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Sunhill Skin Essentials Goat's Milk made in Australia
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General" SE with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #10
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave Lotion / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

My review on the Sunhill Skin Essentials Goat's Milk shaving soap click here

qqsm87.jpg

Brush: Omega 10015
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 'F3' w/ Supermax Platinum (1)
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Italian Barbershop
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & Acqua di Parma Arancia di Capri

A little diferent today, did the first pass at setting 9 to try it out, not bad. Finished the shave at setting 3, works well for me. Myfirst use of aSupermax Platinum, am a huge fan of their Super Platinum blade, was a nice shave - nothing spectacular but nice.

My second LPL soap after Rose du Pushkar, I like the plastic tub. On the small side but doesn't detract, scooped a little out and bowl lathered. Easier to lather this soap than my past experiences. The scent is very lemony, I love it! Also a hint of spice at the back of the scent.

A great shave and looking forward to tomorrow's!​

Pre-shave: BBA Face Wash
BBA Shave Oil
Merkur 42c/Astra
Mervyn's Finest Chubby
TOBS Cedarwood
Alum
BBA PS
BBA Face Moisturiser
Hermes TdH
Excellent shave using the SO as a pre-shave, lovely and smooth and didn't clog up the brush and sink, as has been my experience with other shave oils.
Finished off again with BBA's PS Balm on the beard area and their Moisturiser on the upper face which felt great.
The Shave Oil has made me think again about oils...When I'm feeling brave I'll try a shave with the BBA Shave Oil alone.

SOTD

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (2)
Brush: Simpson Special Best Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch mit Lanolin
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender, Simpsons after-shave balm

20170427_141229 (2).jpg
I have been meaning to try a Feather blade. Because of its reputation thought I should try in a mild razor so waited until I received my vintage Wilkinson Sword Sticky. I found the blade to be sharp and smooth, except for the upper half of my neck on the right which is a difficult area for me. Got some weepers and small nicks but overall I was quite impressed with the Feather. It'll not be part of my regular blade rotation but brought out occasionally. I prefer a milder blade like the Astra SP.

Haslinger Shafmilch mit Lanolin - for me personally an excellent soap. I found it easy to lather, slick and protective and is now part of my rotation. Very happy! :)

Last edited:
Fri 28th April

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
RazoRock Hawk Se
Schick Proline P-20 [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

The Hawk is a nice alternative to its Larger Brethren, with a small head it may appeal to those
who fancy using an AC but find the larger heads off putting. I find it to be a good little razor now i have added a heavier handle, despite the extra weight it is very easy to use.

Todays shave was extremely comfortable, with the Schick providing a nice but not threatening
amount of blade feel, which allows one to assess how the shave is going. The Shave was a good all round one with a top quality finish, achieved without mishap or post shave irritation.

IMG_1265.jpg

Back
Top Bottom