Vitos Preshave Cream
Lea Shave Stick
Zenith Boar Bush
Kai Captain Excelia (Japanese Style) with a Proline-P blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Unrefined Shea Butter
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Three passes for a smooth BBS shave:)

On this dark, dreary and horrible day I am more or less 'confined to barracks'. Not a day for the motorcycle and I don't get my car back until Monday morning:(

Rainy.

85013754-5_D5_D-402_B-81_B5-31164_EBD9190.jpg

Supply •••
B-20 (#2)
Le Bleu
Midas Synth

Quick pass on neck and cheeks before I visit a couple of uni friends later today. Probably unnecessary but cracked out Le Bleu for the first time - quite different to the Chanel offering but very cologney and right up my street. Plate ••• with the Supply gave far more blade feel which was up my street and gave a nice close shave on my neck. Bit of a tingle sorted out by BBA PSB following a shower and got my Musk on with Christian Dior's Leather Oud EDP. Woof! A mighty beast!

Roll up!
Woof! Oh yes :)

been using my Kent soap for the last 2 months now, probably another 3 weeks left in it, same with my Sir Irisch Moos aftershave and aloe vera gel. have stuck with my 1973 tech head on my feather handle and a gillette green blade for the last 4 shaves and just rotated my brushes - today my omega 49 pro. lovely shave - i've settled into using one product at a time and am really enjoying the stability. it's a shame that i get better performance from the 5 quid razor head than the 180 quid one. nevermind :)

IMG_0944.JPG Saturday's shave :)

Slightly worse for wear this morning, so had a detox bath with Epsom salts, which certainly did the trick, and a warm shower before the shave.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Elemis Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Rocnel-SE GEM.
Blade - PTFE GEM (Day 1).
Soap - D.R. Harris Eucalyptus Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke Pure Badger Hair.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave, followed by Myrsol Pre/Pose Shave Emulsion.

Filed down the corners of the GEM blade, with a hone stone, very kindly provided by @Blademonkey :) Once the corners were filed off, loaded the Rocnel. Before shaving I filled the sink with hot water and dropped in the bottle of Elemis Pre Shave Oil to warm up.

I am still very respectful of the Rocnel GEM, after being scratched with this, before I started to file down the blade - made sure the lather was perfect, after a liberal coating of pre shave oil had soaked in I lathered up.

A brilliant 2 pass shave, no issues, stubble just wiped out by the Rocnel - a WTG and XTG shave on my face, with a WTG and ATG on the neck.

There is no way I would use the Rocnel-SE without first filing down the blade corners, no way. I appreciate that YMMV.

I was glad that I got the Rocnel out of its cage, felt very comfortable shaving with it. Some minor tingling from the Myrsol after the shave, which disappeared almost as quickly as it came on.

View attachment 30202

A very enjoyable 2 pass shave, this morning. Not much stubble to shave off, after my Sunday afternoon shave, BBS.

Pre - Shower +homemade shaving oil

Soap - P&B Sanskrit

Brush - Semogue owners club Boar

Razor - Gillette Fatboy (Razor Emporium)

Blade - Feather (3)

Aftershave - Old Spice

Another fantastic performance from P&B!
I love how there is some depth in the container for lathering. You get far more control and far less wastage.
Last shave with the Feather.
Old Spice really compliments the P&B Sanskrit.
Happy days!

View attachment 30203 Saturday's shave :)

Slightly worse for wear this morning, so had a detox bath with Epsom salts, which certainly did the trick, and a warm shower before the shave.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Elemis Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Rocnel-SE GEM.
Blade - PTFE GEM (Day 1).
Soap - D.R. Harris Eucalyptus Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke Pure Badger Hair.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave, followed by Myrsol Pre/Pose Shave Emulsion.

Filed down the corners of the GEM blade, with a hone stone, very kindly provided by @Blademonkey :) Once the corners were filed off, loaded the Rocnel. Before shaving I filled the sink with hot water and dropped in the bottle of Elemis Pre Shave Oil to warm up.

I am still very respectful of the Rocnel GEM, after being scratched with this, before I started to file down the blade - made sure the lather was perfect, after a liberal coating of pre shave oil had soaked in I lathered up.

A brilliant 2 pass shave, no issues, stubble just wiped out by the Rocnel - a WTG and XTG shave on my face, with a WTG and ATG on the neck.

There is no way I would use the Rocnel-SE without first filing down the blade corners, no way. I appreciate that YMMV.

I was glad that I got the Rocnel out of its cage, felt very comfortable shaving with it. Some minor tingling from the Myrsol after the shave, which disappeared almost as quickly as it came on.

View attachment 30202

A very enjoyable 2 pass shave, this morning. Not much stubble to shave off, after my Sunday afternoon shave, BBS.
Great review.
Thank you for sharing. :)

Back
Top Bottom