S.O.T.D Saturday 21th October - Friday 27th October 2017

Greetings,

• T.R Cadman & Sons Bengall 5/8
  • ”The Scorcher” Horse Shell
  • Simpson's Captain
  • Dimitri's Lavender
  • Brut Original

Wishing everyone a good start to the new week ahead.

mCATljB.jpg

vlIiD2b.jpg

Shave of the year, so far ...

Wonderful! Seriously, the best shave I've had this year. Very much enjoyed.

What was it, you say?

Lovely soak in the bath with a bottle of Guinness XX and a good prep wash using a mildly exfoliating charcoal soap from EcoCalm.

Dried off, I wet my face again and using a Haryali synthetic knot fixed into a lovely horn handle from Ganvillage Green, I loaded up with RazoRock SMDF. Lathered, building on my face and taking my time ...

I've bought and sold over 250 1912s, more perhaps. I have one which came in a case that I'd never seen before, the Ever-Ready man inlayed into a bakelite case and a regular 1940s British 1912. Mint, I think. New blade and off I went.

Perfect! Just perfect.

Hot rinse to cleanse off the soap. Cold rinse to refresh. Splash of RazoRock SMDF Aftershave and patted some Pinaud Eau de Portugal on my remaining hair.

Champion!

I agree, the 1912 was advanced back in the day, but they're most assuredly science fact. And from what I gather, both ATT and Rocnel have failed to better (or equal) it.

If the Rocnel-SE had blade stops, or a head which had an extra 2-3 mm in width, then I would argue that the their 'modern' gem would be a classic. Having never shaved with a 1912, I don't know how the two razors compare, however, I find the Rocnel to be a fabulous razor.

That said, the Blackland Sabre, in my mind is a classic razor. I appreciate that YMMV :) I would love to hear how others feel the 1912 compares with the Sabre.

Shave of the year, so far ...

Wonderful! Seriously, the best shave I've had this year. Very much enjoyed.

What was it, you say?

Lovely soak in the bath with a bottle of Guinness XX and a good prep wash using a mildly exfoliating charcoal soap from EcoCalm.

Dried off, I wet my face again and using a Haryali synthetic knot fixed into a lovely horn handle from Ganvillage Green, I loaded up with RazoRock SMDF. Lathered, building on my face and taking my time ...

I've bought and sold over 250 1912s, more perhaps. I have one which came in a case that I'd never seen before, the Ever-Ready man inlayed into a bakelite case and a regular 1940s British 1912. Mint, I think. New blade and off I went.

Perfect! Just perfect.

Hot rinse to cleanse off the soap. Cold rinse to refresh. Splash of RazoRock SMDF Aftershave and patted some Pinaud Eau de Portugal on my remaining hair.

Champion!
RazoRock SMDF is fantastic.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom