S.O.T.D. Saturday 21th January to Friday 27th January 2017

KronaFeather magic.
8eea5fd738892a15ec2ce53df4b9037e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Cream: The Body Shop Macca Root
Razors: Merkur Progress & Parker Variant (4,3,2)
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Blades: Astra SP's (1)
A/S: Skin Bracer
Balm: Taconic Shave Unscented
An interseting expirement to see which razor I preferred in the battle of the adjustable. Not much in it and both shave almost the same in terms of aggression, but on this occasion the Parker gets the nod purely down to the balance of the razor,the knurling on the handle and the knurled adjusting dial.

IMG_4224.JPG

Shower & Barbasol Pre-Shave Face Wash
Mike's Natural Soaps Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Semogue 1438
boar brush
Gillette Platinum Plus (Brazil #4)
Gillette Canadian
pre-war Tech
Brut Classic AS

Fantastic shave and finally my Semogue brush is starting to show signs of breaking in after countless shaves!!

Saturday 21st January 2017
SOTD 21st Jan.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash
Razor: Wizamet W-11 (3)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Ziaja - Yego
AS: Lucky Tiger Bay Rum

Fantastic shave today, first time using the Wizamet so I decided to use the Polsilver Stainless as it was Polish as well, I also got some Polish shaving cream off eBay for .99 pence. The end result was great, the cream came out of the tube a bit watery and took a bit longer than most creams I have tried to get a decent lather from. The result was worth it, the lather was excellent and the scent was quite pleasant but very mild, a bargain at .99 pence.

The Wizamet seems to be quite an aggressive razor, I set it to 3 and the result was a very close shave, I hate to think what this razor shaves like at no. 9! This has to be the loudest razor I have tried it really makes some noise. The razor does feel a bit top heavy but the end result was fantastic, the last pass was ATG and it was really smooth, I probably could have gotten away with 2 passes but the third pass was worth it.

I am very pleased with my Wizamet and the cheap Polish cream. I am hoping to go Krakow in Poland this year so I might look into getting a Polish Shaving brush when I am there and then I can do an all Polish shave, I can already do an all English/British, all German or an all American shave.

Saturday 1/21/17

Jojoba and Grapeseed oil preshave
RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic brush
PAA CaD soap
Tradere SB razor
Astra SP blade (3)
PAA CaD aftershave & cologne
Aveeno balm

First shave with my newly acquired Tradere SB. So smooth and efficient!

f55972dc56c5c0f45542e932da7b1588.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Used the MT Strong and Scottish pass-around soap. Wow
Gillette super speed razor
Rapira platinum blade
EJ pure badger
Thayers unscented w/h
Bull dog balm
Washed down with Talisker 10 yo

I was planning on using a different blade but couldn't find it when it came to loading. Found it after emptying the water out of the sink. Could have been a trip to A&E as it was in their while washing my face.

ef4f32571c0f86b6f7e7ce319641c232.jpg

SOTD: 21st January 2017.
View attachment 23170

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Ideal- Russian Adjustable (setting No:5) .

Blade: Rapira Super Stainless .(new)

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

soap: Tabac.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Proraso Sandalwood A/S.

Morrisons Enrich Intensive Moisture Lotion.

A new set up to start the weekend..The Russian razor/blade combo worked incredibly good.those russian blades are really suited to my skin type.Another wonderful 3 pass +pick up silky smooth shave with no errors to report..Feeling refreshed to start the weekend.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:
Completely agree with you.....Rapira Super Stainless and Personna Reds are always so good on my skin.

DSC_0328_zpsa1z9odqp.jpg
DSC_0327_zpsbv8glc4u.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Friodur Henckels Solingen 7/8th
Kent BK2 Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Great Shave this Morning with My Stainless Steel Friodur 7/8th..A Real Wicked Crazy Sharp Edge on this SR..My Face is Polished like a Pair of Guardsman's Drill Boots..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Used the MT Strong and Scottish pass-around soap. Wow
Gillette super speed razor
Rapira platinum blade
EJ pure badger
Thayers unscented w/h
Bull dog balm
Washed down with Talisker 10 yo

I was planning on using a different blade but couldn't find it when it came to loading. Found it after emptying the water out of the sink. Could have been a trip to A&E as it was in their while washing my face.

ef4f32571c0f86b6f7e7ce319641c232.jpg

The water of life , a great post shave ! ....;)

Back
Top Bottom