S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st April to Friday 7th April 2017

It is @Digimonkey. I find it to be an excellent brush with plenty of backbone. Highly recommended.
Thanks @flashashton27 - I understand the myriad arguments as to why synthetic knots are superior to any of the natural hair types available - from no animal cruelty, no hair loss, the price onto to ease of drying. They have always remained a bit - meh - for me. The only one I keep in rotation - for traveling - is a Satin Tip, The Purist. Am I missing the point somehow? I have been intrigued to try a denser synth - the Epsilon or a Chubb imitation silvertip - maybe that would persuade me? Thanks again for your response. I.

It is very unusual , Cella is suposed to be a very good croap and should lather with ease ( note...I have not used Cella ) but many shavers swear by it, it sounds like you may have had a little too much water ,in your brush to begin with or maybe added to much when lathering.
Try again sometime and watch how much water you are adding. :)

Sounds right. When in doubt, use more product. [emoji1]

a1cfa9777f2010331ca0f037df3a3767.jpg

-Dovo Bismarck 6/8
-Rudy Vey Shavemac
-Stirling Port au Prince
-Stirling Piacenza

Sounds right. When in doubt, use more product. [emoji1]
@PickledNorthern - absolutely goddam' right mate - use more product. I should imagine most of us here aren't lacking choices in our shaving software. Joking aside - a rookie mistake - to use too little product. With soap or cream you need to give it a good go. You want to be rinsing a bit of excess lather out the brush when you have finished rather that going back for more during the shave. Just use the products, you've bought them already. I

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD 5th April

Razor...Hone type 15
Blade...Polsilver Iridium Super #2
Soap...Lea soap stick (tallow)
Brush...SOC Two band badger
Post...Thayers lavender
EDP...L' Aventure....Al Harmain

I was kindly gifted the Lea soap stick by @Norfolkdick so I thought I would use it as intended, I normaly only bowl lather so face lathering was a new experance for me. I'm pleased I gave it a try because I found it to be just as easy as bowl lathering and now I know I can do it I may do it more offten, so thank you Dick. I found the Lea soap to be slick and offered plenty of protection, a great shave was had. :)

Enjoy your day people.......:)

Last edited:
Morning gents,

A shave report from Gatwick airport, sat in the weatherspoons with an English breakfast, all is good.

Last night was the first shave of my Supply Edge razor, I've had this razor for a few months but not actually shaved with it... I know, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I began this shave with a little uncertainty as some have said it's too mild, others have sung it's praises like it's the Cristiano Ronaldo of the shaving world.

I lathered up with a gift from @Fox the Scottish Heather 1912. Out of the tub, I wasn't sure of the scent, as expected, but it grew on me during the shave and it's different to everything else that 1912 has produced so I think I'll be keeping this one in the rotation!

I'm finally getting the best out of my Simpsons Duke 3. This brush is not a shedder and is now giving up its lather with ease. It is occasionally a little prickly when swirling, but I'm confident this will soften up with more uses. I've only used it a few times and I'm being patient with it as I see an improvement every time.

So, the shave, using an unknown blade. As I said in a previous SOTD. I have three injector blades, all different that I have no idea what order they are in. It's either a vintage Schick, a Chinese Schick or a Personna.

I used the two dot plate and had a couple of days growth. It's shaves like this that make me realise how much harder straight shaving is when you are learning! I'm loving the journey and know that the results will be worth it however. This shave was so easy. The quickest shave I've ever had, not that speed is what I look for in a shave, but I could whizz around with no problems at all. Smooth and as efficient as it needed to be, two passes and I left happy and smooth. It's a lovely looking razor, the weight and finish is very good indeed and it just feels nice in the hand. The head size is great as well for getting under the schnozzle. A very enjoyable shave, I shouldn't have waited so long...

I've brought a cornerstone cartridge razor with me for my break, never used it before and it'll be my first cartridge shave for years. Will see how that goes!.
Have a great Wednesday!

img_20170404_231644-01-jpeg.10233

Greetings

Wednesday 5th April 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Astra Green Pkt.
Brush: Vulfix / L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Lalique Encre Noir

Because of all the extremely positive reports on this forum I have purchased a Fatip, being a P.O.P. (poor old pensioner) I was also influenced by the very affordable price ie under twenty quid! :D This is my first shave with it.

I choose the Green Pkt. Astra blades as they are quite simply the blades I have the most experience with and thus a known quantity, before I started SE shaving I regularly used these blades

The appearance of the Fatip compares precisely with it's cost namely cheap, certainly not perfect, the surface finish has a lot of minor tool marks showing through the nickel plating but it is perfectly functional and the blade protrusion is equal along it's length and the same on both sides.

The shave I found to be really just superb, the razor is quite aggressive but not excessively so and in no way angle sensitive. I found it a super easy razor to use, not tricky and with no quirks. It is difficult (and probably wrong) to judge a razor on one shave but there are some razors where you can tell at the very first stroke that it will perform, this razor was one. This is one of the very best shaving DE razors I have tried, and it must rate in terms of value for money at the very top of the tree.

Regards
Dick.

5.4.17.JPG

Back
Top Bottom