Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: Tabac Stick (soap of the week)
Bowl: Woodhead Scuttle #1B
Brush: Muhle 'HJM' Synthetic
Razor: Gillette New Long OC
Blade: Astra SP (2)
After: Alum, Barbershop Bay Rum, Coral Skin Food, Nivea ASB

Tabac Week Day 1

I think I'm going to enjoy this week of Tabac. Always provides loads of lather and great cushioning and of course, the scent, hmmm.
I'm out of practice using this soap. First pass was a little dry but fixed that on later passes. I struggled face lathering with the synthetic brush; it's better at "painting" than "scrubbing".
I'm not suited to this Gillette New, it's just too aggressive (more so than my Fatip) and gives a little irritation. As a result it's not nearly as much fun as the Progress.

Result: DFS and a Tabac scent that has lasted all morning.

Very early start today as had a stupidly early morning meeting.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Razor: Gillette New with UFO2 handle
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
A/S: TOBS Eton College

Awful shave this morning as I wasn't awake and the blade was obviously past it's best. I persevered anyway and the results are not pretty.
I have confirmed that the Duke 3 is definitely all the brush I need, so will be having even more of a sort out when I get home to rationalise some of the others I have. Expect to see a few more appearing in BST very soon, and maybe some razors too. Collecting my new project this week, so will be busy working on that in the coming weeks, and selling a few things to raise some money that I will no doubt be spending on that.

Slow Shaving said:
Sunday 05-19-13. MUSIC: Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure (1973).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq48L7HTDOk[/video]

47b9f374-ddb8-480d-8b7e-20711d8f0b99.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Chubby 1 best badger - Merkur 25C - Red Personna #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mike's afeitadoclasico.com LE - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Speick - ASL English Leather.

"Part false, part true, like anything.."

Prep: Glycerine Soap, Cold Water
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber WH, Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M-Lotion
EdT: Pen's Opus 1870

Enjoyed today's shave after having a few days off to let my neck heal where I had skin tags removed.

Monday 20th May

sotd20513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette Rocket HD
Sputnik (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Smooth, clean shave from the Rocket and Sputnik. Speick products are very good.

Brian

merkur hd
7 o'clock yellow
simpsons berkeley best badger
palmolive shave stick
clubman classic vanilla AS
boots no7 post shave balm
montana parfum d'homme edt

dare i say it, a perfect shave. scent wise a very blokey shave as well, excellent.

slantman said:
Monday

Muhle R41 2011'
Feather
KMF Pomegranate Grapefruit Shave Cream
Frank Shaving Finest Badger
Dove Post Shave Balm
Booster Oriental Spice After Shave

Greetings Jerry

You must have the best shaving technique on this planet and skin like a Rhino. Hats off to you, lots of people talk about R41's but you actually use one most days and obviously genuinely like them!

Regards
Dick.

Another Travel Kit Shave
Proraso pre
Omega 36
Speick Stick
Merkur 34c HD
Feather (2)
Thayer's Original
Cade ASB
[attachment=7325]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369071189.917931.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369071189.917931.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 16
Today's Shave

Hot Bath with Old Spice Shower Gel
Gillette FatBoy (set on No7)
Feather Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cedar wood & Vermont
Old Spice Deodorant
Old Spice Aftershave Splash
Old Spice Cologne

Result BSS WTG

I don't know why people ponder about buying old school razors like these, they don't know what there missing, what with creamy lathers, Badger Brushes, razors that glide around your face so well that you feel nothing, and get a wonderful smooth pampered face.
I was talking to someone today they treat there face like dirt, complaining about there shaves, crimes like using a beard trimmer to hack through a weeks beard and then force the electric razor to rip up the rest and he wonders why his face is red raw:icon_rolleyes: I showed him my razor collection and his eyes lit up, likes the look of my gillette tech ( the gold plated one) have I bagged him? we will see.:icon_twisted:

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: CJB kamisori, Feather Pro blade
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Cream: Truefitt and Hill #10
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger

Felt as I often do about creams: easy lather-making, resistant rinsing. Always seems to take forever to get my face clean after I finish...

Evening, everybody.

Monday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Super Max SMX 3
Blade: Super Max SMX 3 Cartridge (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Bulldog
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Gray Woods, a smelly-likey of Grey Vetiver from Perfume Parlour

Another decent shave.

John said:
Today's Shave

Feather Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cedar wood & Vermont
Old Spice Deodorant
Old Spice Cologne

Result BSS WTG

I don't know why people ponder about buying old school razors like these, they don't know what there missing, what with creamy lathers, Badger Brushes, razors that glide around your face so well that you feel nothing, and get a wonderful smooth pampered face.
I was talking to someone today they treat there face like dirt, complaining about there shaves, crimes like using a beard trimmer to hack through a weeks beard and then force the electric razor to rip up the rest and he wonders why his face is red raw:icon_rolleyes: I showed him my razor collection and his eyes lit up, likes the look of my gillette tech ( the gold plated one) have I bagged him? we will see.:icon_twisted:

I think I'm coming round to your way of thinking John about vintage razors. They do shave well and have a history.
Regards Brian

Gillette Tech
Feather (1)
Semogue 1520 boar
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Diptyque Philosykos

Chased it a bit, but a smooth finish. I've noticed I have a few shaving spots at the base of my neck - will have to watch my practice there. My favourite brush is starting to show signs of fatigue; it's lost some backbone and splays too easily compared to previously.

782sirbrian said:
John said:
Today's Shave

Feather Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cedar wood & Vermont
Old Spice Deodorant
Old Spice Cologne

Result BSS WTG

I think I'm coming round to your way of thinking John about vintage razors. They do shave well and have a history.
Regards Brian

I don't blame you Brian modern DE razors are good but they tend to be ether to harsh or to mild, and apart from a few good modern ones quality tends to be iffy, these old ones have survived a long time,and it would appear an ever advancing army of fans wanting there own piece of the past:)

Back
Top Bottom