S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th April to Friday 24th April 2015

Mr_Smartepants said:
Blade: NOS Gillette "Spoiler" SS (1)
This vintage blade is true to its name, I'm spoiled. :)
[

Yep, I've been running through some of those myself. Not quite like my favorite modern SI or SharpEdge blades, but still very good and a nice change of pace. Got a Super Stainless loaded up right now from 1967. I am guessing yours are from the 70s which are also real good. I've used those made in Argentina during early 90s and they're quite pleasant too.

18 April

17167108876_a055cf6b5a_o.png

Sat !9th April 2015

Victoria P/B Brush
Proraso Green Cream
Gem OCMM
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Myrsol Antesol A/S

With stubble down after Streamline shave, delayed shave after lathering up, so cream well soaked in.
The razor seemed to glide around all areas of the face, so another satisfying shave.

This for me has to be one of the Best ER/Gem razors, though not had pleasure of using
really early Models. Give it a go if you get the chance.

Greetings

Sunday 19th April 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Heavy Flat Top
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Molten Brown
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Lapidus Pour Homme

My third and final use of the Molten Brown shaving soap and my opinion has not changed, the soap lathers with absolute ease and the lather does not collapse, it is just that the lather feels dry and lacks any slip/slide/glide, call it what you will, it feels if the razor wants to come to a stop whilst moving across the skin. It has a really nice smell, a real shame, a pretty expensive soap that just does not perform.

I am off to a village yard sale this morning where there will be dozens of stalls, I suspect as we speak the 50 pence bottom dial Fatboys and 75 pence Darwins will be being laid out waiting for my arrival!

Regards
Dick.

DSC06072.JPG

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Vie-Long
Razor: C V Heljestrand MK 42, from Eskilstuna Sweden
Soap: Jabonman, Moutain
AS: Mennen
Result: Very, very clean :D

Sun 19th April 2015

Vulfix 404 mixed
Mitchells Wool fat- face lathered
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Alum Rub /Rinse off
Woods of Windsor A/S Balm
La Toja A/S Lotion

This razor thrives on MWF, really nice shave. Both this & OCMM seem to slow stubble
growth , compared to many of my other razors.

Sunday Morning

Hot shower
Monsavon soap - face lathered
Bodyshop synthetic brush
Gillette Aristocrat #66
Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3)
BOOBS
Nivea sensitive ASB
Paul Smith Men EDT

With, across and against the grain gave a really close but comfortable
Sunday shave.

Sunday 19th
Razor - Mongoose B2 satin
Blade - Feather professional (15)
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Soap - Tabac
A/S - Tabac
attachment.php

[attachment=13748]
Have a good Sunday.

Attachments

• 14294396245030.jpg
    14294396245030.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 125
Sunday

Afternoon, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham Southsea Spray
Aftershave: Professor Blighty's unscented
Cologne: Acqua di Parma Colonia

A lovely shave and accidental BBS

Saturday:

Sunday:

The Yushu scent is a little too delicate for me as I can't really smell it but it's the same outstanding performance as the other NSS offerings. The Arabian Nights is more to my liking (strength) but overall I think I prefer the Moroccan Sands sample I also ordered. I think I'm addicted to the smell of the Alt-Innsbruck - it seems I like tobacco flowers!

2d638c54-94c6-4a70-8d74-bb075c06594e_zpsacw8zse1.jpg

Tried out a Wilkinson Flip-Top I recently got and it really is quite a nice shave. First pass I was quite taken aback with how mild it felt and unfortunately got a bit careless on the second pass resulting in a couple of weepers on the neck.:embarrassed:

Feels mild but definitely gives a good close shave. I put a little bit of Lapidus EDT on afterwards.....Norfolk Dick's SOTD from this morning put me in the mood for it.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage 1964 Macys rebranded large silvertip flopmeister
'Kaily'/Gillette Super Stainless (NOS 1967)
Xpec SC
Myrsol Emulsion (with a smile on my face remembering the man behind that stuff)
Pabloma Picasso 'Minotaure' EdT.... a little sad now since the small bottle is finally empty. This was a pleasant buy and may be replaced.

So the Stahly got a new body! Yep, instead of the usual long Weber being used, she was paired up with a newly acquired handle some guy named Rafael had sent. I think he is German or French. Seems like I have heard the name before somewhere.

From what I can guess, this knurling is like the Calibri version, which I like a lot. Similar to the UK Aristocrats with a more subtle feel but no problem with any slipping. Really purty and understated.left L

Measured at 100mm, this handle's even a tiny bit longer than the Weber. Main differences are the weight and diameter and they are noticeable. The Weber weighs 75g and the UFO comes in at a hefty 102g. Just about takes a variable outta the mix, which is a good thing. Anyway, maybe more how this handsome piece was acquired later.

Anyway, after having some shaves with this set up I can say it was a kick! Even less effort than usual to achieve this smoother face than usual.

Back
Top Bottom