S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th July to Friday 22nd July 2016

Simpson Wee Scot shaving brush / Foroafeitado 2016 shaving cream / J. A. Henckels Friodur 72-V straight razor / Myrsol Metilsol aftershave lotion

3b9f0cb61e8dfc0f16e1fd5926047085.jpg
Lovely SR that..I Love My Henckels..:)

Billy

Thursday AM 2016-07-21

Helen Chen suribachi bowl
Rooney 1/1 Porcelain Finest (22mm/45mm)
Williams Rose SS (tallow) + Cyril Salter Wild Rose SC
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Blue Aristocrat
Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Antonio Puig Agua Brava aftershave

This was my first shave at home after a 10-day vacation trip, during which I used a Mach 3 razor and brushless shaving cream, and it was a great relief to be using my regular gear once again.
K8czjYN.jpg

SOTD July 21, 2016

Pre: Proraso preshave cream
Razor: George Wotsenholm and Son
Brush: Simpsons Special
Soap: MWF

This was my first shave with this razor. It is one of many I have been collecting, restoring and now honing. A nice shave this morning. The blade was very sharp and smooth. A pleasure to use a vintage razor like this.
Ju21.jpg

Great pic, did you say you had the ATT H2 yet? If the R2 has more bite for you than the 41 you will be blown away by the H2, I thought it was closer to the 41 than the R2 but the blades you use will always make a difference. I used my H2 with a feather blade and wow it was one of the closest shaves I've ever had with a De razor.

Thanks @Blademonkey I don't own the ATT H2 yet. It's on my list to buy. For me the R2 have just that more bite than the R41. The ATT R2 shaves closer for me.

Third DE in my DE round after weeks or months of SE only. Today: Gillette New LC and new Polsilver. Surprisingly, after R41 and PAA DOC the past two days, I had thought this to be the smoothest while in fact it turned out to be the roughest. Likely due to my knowing that the New is a mild razor (and vice versa with R41) and consequent exertion of more pressure. The post shave feel was marvelous, however. Have been faceturbating while driving to the cottage today.

49fd710b560432833134bc9e8a8915c6.jpg

Gillette New Long Comb
Polsilver
B&M Lavanille
New Forest 2401 Super
Floid Vigoroso (wonderful combo with soap)

Prep 1: Shower
Prep 2: Saponificio Varesino Preshave Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2016 LE. M7 Extreme
Razor: Timeless OC with Windrose T-1 Handle
Blade: Kai Stainless
AS: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica

847B1829-5371-4D3A-867F-41051D085351_zpsnktzknkw.jpg

Best Regards
Marco
Hi Marco, how would you rate your timeless oc, it looks fabulous but how does it shave? Seriously considering purchasing one of these if they shave as good as they look. Thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom