S.O.T.D Saturday 15th March to Friday 21st March 2014

Simpson Colonel X2L
Proraso Red Cream
Gillette Slim Adjustable (5,4,3)
Sputnik Blade
Osma Alum Block
Tabac AS

Loving the Tabac which I tried for the first time just now, on offer, half price in Boots.
Also, really starting to appreciate the Slim. Got it a month or two ago, used it a few times and didn't think too much of it, was starting to think I might not use it again. Couldn't see past my Gillette New! However, after having some irritation around the neck, I have been using the slim all week to see what it's like turning the aggressiveness down each pass. Really liking it now...

[attachment=9956]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395259066.284183.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395259066.284183.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 19
Fun with my new Schick Stick ...

IMG_5298.JPG

Hot Towel
NSS Ice & Slice Shaving Soap
Pure Badger 23mm
Schick Stick (1973) - Schick (Stainless) [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Denim by Fabergé Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG& XTG

What a fun razor! The gear knob makes swishing out in the sink easy, otherwise completely superfluous to the shave ... and yes, I did try "pommelling" with it, fencing-style.

As a shave, it's there with the J - efficient enough, but somehow smoother. I have not tried another L to compare, but this one, I like.

I should mention the soap - what a lovely experience! So cold! SO COLD! My skin feel phenomenal afterwards; the soap is olive oil based.

In all, a great shave!

Proraso Green bowl lathered
Simpsons Badger
Gillette 1920s Pocket Edition
Feather (3)
Cold rinse, Alum & Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman Musk

Love this razor but never tried it with a Feather. It just scythed through 2 days growth with ease. Irritation-free BBS.

How do you like that Musk, mcrossy? I'm not one for the pure musk scent, but gather Pinaud apply their terms liberally. Is it musky, or is it a hint?

chriszacharek said:
Loving the Tabac ...

Do yourself a favour and grab the Cologne. Spray or splash, doesn't matter, but "the" Tabac scent is just so good and more so in the Cologne. I found the EDT just a bit too much if there can be such a thing; the Cologne, just right.

I make my Friday: Tabac Friday.

Brian Fontana would be proud ...

Pre: Hot rinse and Aleppo soap
Soap: Mike's lemongrass and eucalyptus
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Schick Grip
Blade: Chick

Decent enough shave, though I think this Schick is a touch milder than the adjustable, either that or I need more practice. No cuts or irritation but not BBS, probably an 8 out of 10 shave.

Mike makes one of the best smelling soaps I've used but I just cannot get a lather from it. Still, the cream it produces is very good so I suppose I shouldn't moan.

Mr_Smartepants said:
Post: Captain's Choice Co9T, followed by Village Barber balm

Is the Captain's Choice easy to import (i.e. no customs hassle) or is there a UK source? I see all these tempting products but I can't abide having to pay the Post Office for handling - they already have had plenty of money off of me in the past!

Chris.

Randomangle said:
Mr_Smartepants said:
Post: Captain's Choice Co9T, followed by Village Barber balm
Is the Captain's Choice easy to import (i.e. no customs hassle) or is there a UK source? I see all these tempting products but I can't abide having to pay the Post Office for handling - they already have had plenty of money off of me in the past!
Chris.
Not for me. I have a CONUS mailing address. But I've heard about people getting shwacked by customs in the past. Sounds horrible.

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: MWF
Brush: M&F L7 Coral 2-band
Razor: EJ DE89 with Templ8 custom handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (4)
Post: Myrsol Agua Balsamica, followed by Village Barber balm

Love the Fat!
_20140319_172202.JPG

Greetings

Thursday 20th March 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop (Runner Guard Model)
Blade: Feather SE
Brush: Semogue 2012 SE Mixed
Soap: La Toja stick grated
Aftershave : Givenchy Gentleman

Regards
Dick.

DSC05372.JPG

Thursday

Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock Green
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS
James Bronnley EdT

Very good. It's been a while since I used the Harlequin soap but I was glad I used it this morning, it's great stuff and the scent is amazing. 3 pass BBS.

First post in ages. Today was my first all sandalwood shave:

Proraso Red sandalwood / Vie Long el cheapo horsehair
EJ DE89 / Rapira Super Stainless
DR Harris Sandalwood aftershave
C&E Sandalwood balm
Trumpers Sandalwood cologne

I this the aftershave and balm work well together. The cologne is a lot sweeter and I'm not sure it wasn't a step too far...

Back
Top Bottom