S.O.T.D Saturday 15th March to Friday 21st March 2014

dodgy said:
pjgh said:
Schick J - Personna Stainless Coated [1]

Onto the razor and the blade combo. I have not really got on with Schicks, but keep trying. I do get on with the E and the G that I have but I would not call it a great shave - good, not great. The J is a size I like but I do wish I could find a blade I like. The Personna that was in is on its first run - it worked, but for some reason the urge to push hard is too much and I always end up with an irritable shave.

I do wish I could get on better with these Schicks. Maybe I need to find the right blade. Maybe it'll just click one day. Meanwhile, I like the E, like the G, like the M Dial wide open, getting better with this J; the Personna Injecto-matic being my yardstick - that one just works.

Ok Paul, you've paid your dues. We will get this taken care of.

Appreciate, mate. Appreciated.

[attachment=9925]Prep: Dove face scrub
Cream: L'Occitane CADE shaving cream
Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth ebony synthetic bristle
Blade: Gillette Goal
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic

Attachments

• SOTD150314.jpg
    SOTD150314.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 19
Prep: Hot Water
Soap: TOBS Jermyn Street Collection
Brush: Simpson The Duke D3 Manchurian Briar
Razor: Rudolf Schmidt Bambola 205
Moustache Razor : The Mab Drarf Razor
AS : Floris London JF

image.php

image.php

Greetings

Sunday 16th March 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick '66' G4 Injector
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome NOS
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Cream: Trufitt & Hill No.10
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A really superb shave, these are marvellous blades, a shame there is little chance of finding any more.

I have been asked to accompany my daughters partner to a 'mega' car boot sale this morning so within a couple of hours I will probably be knee deep in mint Darwins and bottom dial Fatboys!! :icon_rolleyes:

Regards
Dick.

DSC05352.JPG

Prep: Shower then Proraso pre shave - sensitive
Razor: Ever ready G Bar
Blade: Gem Stainless Coated
Brush: Omega 11713 Boar
Soap: Palmolive stick grated into a Jar
Aftershave Balm: Proraso pre shave, makes a nice balm

First shave with the G bar, good shave and yes while a fairly mild shave the blade exposure meant that due to lapse in concentration (i will learn not to get distracted by the radio) it bit me.

Will put away till next weekend I think, (when not rushed to go to work ). Found the 1912 fairly easy to shave with, but the g bar for me at least seems to be more of a challenge...

Have a good Sunday

Paul

Just a quick question Norfolk dick looking at your avatar are you a kite flier?

I fly with the Northern Kite group occasional, really enjoy it but not very good at it.

Hope you find a really nice razor at about 20p

Paul

Sunday.

Birds singing.

Sun coming the window.

Le Coq OC (TA Dodgy!)
Sputnick
Klar Kabinet (Rose?) (TA Dodgy!) Discontinued I think. Delicate, good quality hard soap.
2213 From New Forest
Using Prince shave cream as a moisturiser!!

Paco Rabane AS

Time for coffee, pancakes and maple syrup...nom nom.

Yrs Slack

When I had a go on your toggle it did not cut my lip.

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row badger
1958 Toggle/Personna Stainless Steel (NOS)
Xpec SC
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT sprayed very liberally

Last time using the Toggle for a while. Nice change of pace but three shaves with it and finished for now. Heh, I did manage to give my upper lip a small slice through inattention, which started bleeding right away. Yep, I just barely touched my lip wrong and zing......knew it right away. Been years since last doing that.

Got out the big guns to stop the flow, since I prefer not seeing any red in the lather during my shave. The 'My Nik is Sealed' liquid styptic did the trick almost instantly, even though it burned like a bastard for a minute. Good stuff.

First time using this blade and I was hoping for more. It's good, but not great. See how it works in the Webly later in the week for a true test.

BBS results,

Martin

Slick said:
When I had a go on your toggle it did not cut my lip.

Ohhh, that's because you is a gooder shaver than me, Slikki Tikki Daffy!

Ok, that's not true at all. Actually, I mighta ingested a little too much glaucoma medicine before shaving. The directions suggest not using anything sharp. Something about a possible lack of attention can occur. Gosh darn side effects....

I bet if you tried shaving after having smoked as much medicine as I did, you would probably remove an eyebrow or worse. Sorry......that sounded like bragging. Just wanted to mention the extra special degree of difficulty and the reason for the mini gusher.

Kunista

pjgh said:
First go with C&S No.88 and to be honest, it's not for me. Sadly, I've pushed the puck into a glass jar which works very well, but I'll never get the puck out without destroying it. Ho-hum! It only cost £3 with the generous offer from C&S recently. It lathered well, don't get me wrong; irritable. I suppose that could be the razor and blade combination, which I am still trying to get right, but it did feel to be the soap that was annoying me ...

Paul - unless you are sensitive to any of the perfumes in the 88 soap it's more likely to be the blade. I've had lovely shaves with the 88 soap and I'm very sensitive to perfumes, as ever it always horses for courses but I'd suggest you need about 5 uses of a product before condeming it. Of course if you don't like the smell it's not worth persevering but if you do, I've found it worth-while. Paul

Sunday

Morning, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond (2)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: 1902 Menthol
Aftershave: Ice Dive
Cologne: C&S Citrus Paradisi

Very good indeed.

Prep: G'Day Mate face wash and scrub, lather massaged and hot muslin cloth
Soap: Proraso Red bowl lathered
Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Feather (1)
A/S: Pitralon Classic
Balm: T&H Sandalwood

Pretty much BBS but I stupidly had another pass resulting in a bit of redness around my neck. Bit of Coolfix applied and it's gone already.

Sunday 03-16-14. MUSIC: The Modern Jazz Quartet - Pyramid (1960).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiCzfGAjkig[/video]

78ac8450-4863-4e69-bc2c-1199962c75d3_zps34fa4413.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #6 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Nancy Boy Replenishing - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Pitralon 160 ml.

Razor Filarmonica 14 Novodur Para Professional 8/8
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Bill Jack Le Tuft Blue 8
Cella Crema Da Barba
Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Parf​
um

Back
Top Bottom