Yaqi Tuxedo 24mm 'Sagrada Familia'
Ever Ready 1924 w/Rocnel handle
GEM SSC #4
Alum Wash
BigBoar's No4 Bay Rum
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter

Q93VV0q.jpg

New brush and a wonderful shave.

Please note, the bourbon was drunk last night after I took the picture. Honest!!!

Sagrada Familia - What a great name for a brush.
rntSNnC.jpg

e012f353fa4500e63e9f8f2f09173424.jpg

Last night's SOTD and another great shave with the PAA Alpha Ecliptic.

I'm liking this razor so much, I've ordered another one in the bronze finish. [emoji846]

It was also the first time of for Extro Freddo and it was a really enjoyable experience. I really love these soaps and plan on getting some more.

I also gave some Aqua di Parma Pre-Shave Oil a second try (which was very kindly sent to me as a PIF). This is a very nice and thin oil which quickly absorbs into the skin. Again, I couldn't detect much of a scent which surprised me given how expensive the oil is. It's a solid 9/10 performer though.

The shave was rounded out with my Lee Sabini knotted Paladin Chief and some SV Pro Victis (which was another product I tried for the first time). [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-meeting;

0594F441-E528-40A7-92A1-793E42A5137D.jpg

Supply ••
B-20 (#1)
S.V. Manna di Sicilia
RazoRock BC Synth

Had a quick tidy up before a visit/meeting today from some VIPs, one pass and a couple of touch-ups left me smart before 'go time', but I can feel some stubble against my shirt-neck which isn't the best. Marginal at best, however. The SV soap has a great scent which sticks around throughout the shave and gave ample slickness and some great post-shave feel. I thought I'd push my previous B-20 blade, but 6 uses might be a bit of a stretch - instead I opted for a new one and it didn't disappoint. Gave me some pressure-free, trouble-free hair reduction without irritation, nicks or weepers. I did finish off with a dribble of Boots' Bay Rum avec menthol which was lovely and hot to start and ice-cold thereafter! Drop more of Bleu de Chanel EDP and I was away to go!

Roll up, gents!

Today I end one cycle as we move forward in another. This is the final brush of the experience brushes on the shelf, the last brush on the right, bottom row.

It's a really nice butterscotch Made Rite pure badger #95:
large.jpg

I'm on the second pairing of Phase 2, this time a no serial number, no date code Gillette Old style likely from around 1922 from near the end of the Old run and after the New Improved had been introduced. The blade is a "Made in England" Wilkinson Sword blade. The Gillette Old will be paired against one of my GEM MMOCs that was from somewhat later, probably end of the twenties and into the 1940s at least.

large.jpg

The shave today was simply as expected, smooth, effortless, comfortable, enjoyable and over too soon. The soap was from Above The Tie and while it lathers well, lubricates well, feels great I'm just not sure about the smell. I'll keep trying it and see if things change.

The after shave was Ogallala Bay Rum and while I love the smell I do have an allergic reaction when I use it, even getting itchies and redness between my fingers. It goes away quickly but once this is gone I doubt I will reorder it.

large.jpg

Wed 18th October
Omega 11126 boar
Haslinger Honig
Mongoose B3 satin
Kai Captain Mild -Pink [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Pitralon Original A/S Splash

Today used a Mongoose with a Kai Mild blade as opposed to my favoured Schick Proline. The Shave was very good, as there was sufficient blade feel to indicate where the Razor needed further work. Though the milder blade means more Shave time, it would suit those with sensitive skin as it is very forgiving and likely not to cause post shave irritation.

The bonus for me was that I was able to get a remarkably close finish around the neck and jawline, areas which for many are problematic. I shall try Mongoose/Proline Shave to see how the two compare. I can see this being a Razor/Blade combo to be used for special occasions. Just about ready to visit a gastropub for a special meal [ the food is good, not just Green Paint on the exterior woodwork ], and the amount of regrowth from this morning is minimal.

IMG_0026.jpg

Wednesday 18th October
Heno de Pravia
Glycerine soap Pre Shave
OSP Spice Road
Yaqi Tuxedo 24mm 'Sagrada Familia'
Ever Ready 1924 w/Rocnel handle
GEM SSC #4
Alum Wash
BigBoar's No4 Bay Rum
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter

Q93VV0q.jpg

New brush and a wonderful shave.

Please note, the bourbon was drunk last night after I took the picture. Honest!!!

Sagrada Familia - What a great name for a brush.
rntSNnC.jpg
Beautiful photographs.

Back
Top Bottom