S.O.T.D. Saturday 14th February to Friday 20th February 2015

First time using the Wilkinson "Sticky".

Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Arko
Blade: Polsilver
A/S: Provence Sante
"Bit of body splash": The Veg

2lo5f1y.jpg

All of 'em, Paul! The extreme left and third from right particularly tickle my fancy, though. The Kent is good for filling in the background, exactly where you have it.

My ADs are running wild these days - I need a Statement damned soon! The roof fund is way in the red and you post photos like that! Shameful!

Bechet45 said:
All of 'em, Paul! The extreme left and third from right particularly tickle my fancy, though. The Kent is good for filling in the background, exactly where you have it.

My ADs are running wild these days - I need a Statement damned soon! The roof fund is way in the red and you post photos like that! Shameful!

At least wait until I send back your six brushes...

BigBoar said:
At least wait until I send back your six brushes...

That right there, that's the problem - waiting!! I put up a new shelf for all the brushes incoming - but it's full of soaps already.

By the by, I've a few more brushes for you! But I'm waiting for them, too.

Bechet45 said:

Gah! My bad :D

So, right over on the left is an unnamed, unmarked boar. I've spotted them under the Barbershop brand in the States, but this one came from Slovenia. Lovely soft brush, which broke in with little more than a couple of face lathers - it just gets better.

The other is an Ever Ready re-knot. It had a 19mm long bristle knot in before, removed, bored out about 21mm to accomodate a modern PurTech and set down a little more than the previous knot, so it's more of a stubby/face latherer, but still tall enough for a good bowl whipper.

Now, put aside this silliness and knuckle down to paying for this roof!

george said:
Bio oil
Wickhams spice trader
Kai captain
Feather super
Bio oil
Aloe vera gel
Molton brown black pepper a/s

Interesting use of the Bio oil, I have some in the cupboard, never crossed my mind to use it for shaving!

Rhino Face Wash
Faena Mastic Tree Soap
Polsilver SI
Merkur 37C Slant
Nivea Balm

My first proper shave for a couple of months! I'd been growing a beard and had just been shaving to keep the cheeks and neckbeard in check but I recently acquired my first slant so thought for it's debut I'd go the whole hog.

Started trimming down with the electric clippers but the buggers ran out of charge with only half the bulk gone. Now, I've previously attacked heavy growth with a DE and not really got anywhere and ended up using a shavette to reduce it. Gave it a go with the Merkur though and it did a great job - the bigger gap seems to work wonders and reduced the beard down to stubble in no time.

Lathered up the Faena and started the shave properly - two passes and a DFS! SWMBO is a lot happier now I'm beard-free.

Michael Waterhouse smiler for Barbers 8/8 half hollow
Kanayama Codovan #8000
Semogue OC spcial 2012
MDC Fougere
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux balm
Diptyque Tam Dao Edp​

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Neutrogena Glyc soap
Vulfix 404 mixed
La Toja Cream
ER 1924
Gem Coated ex USA [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Woods of Windsor A/S Balm
La Toja A/S Lotion

MMOC V Other SE [ER & Gem ]
Appropriate razor for Shrove Tuesday, a bit Sack Cloth & Ashes-- ER 1924.This has
to be a special occasions razor, goes close, and for me worked well around the neck.

Compared with the 1924 the MMOC seems quite easy going, and can see me using it
on a daily basis without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom