S.O.T.D. Saturday 13th May to Friday 19th May 2017

Evening gents,
Quick shave this evening, decided to try a bick super platinum in the muhle, considering it really was a quick three pass post shower it wasn't too bad.
Still got to be a bit careful around the throat though, the hog weed burns are now quite nasty.
Sorry, no pictures this evening.
Muhle r89
Bic chrome platinum blade #1+last
Calini bay rum soap
Grosvenor brush
Bulldog moisturiser
Triple extract
Enjoy the rest of your evening :)

Last edited:
Today's line-up

BBA Face Wash
Exec pre. Semogue 2000. The Fat. Grail Bowl

ATT S2. Prosilver. Alum

BBA Balm. BBA FM. Extro Bay Rum

Premier League performance from a team in transition. The tried-and-trusted back four performed flawlessly to allow the midfield trio to shine, they cut through the opposition with ease and provided the platform for the three up front to finish things off smoothly and comfortably.
This team will take some stopping.

Sotd - 16/5

Razor - Progress - 4 throughout
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell
Soap - MT Dark Limes
Post - Allum & Witch hazel
A/S - Myrsol Agua de Limon
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - great, a therapeutic shave. I arrived home from work fried - the balloon - or actually three balloons - went up at the same time. I can't do multi-tasking, that's what my other half is for. She can effortlessly juggle complex professional situations and remain empathetic at the same time. On the other hand - I can read maps, tie knots and cook. So each to their own. So to the shave - First use of the blade - thanks @Blademonkey - it was good, very much in the same class as it's stable-mates. I seem to have used the Wee Scot a fair amount recently and the knot has continued to break in. It's lost a bit of the scritch but not too much - part of the pleasure about this brush for me. In use the knot splays but always returns to its shape when dried. There's no hint of a hole in the middle. Ridiculous amounts of lather. Try one. MT - Dark Limes, what hasn't been said before? Great stuff. Bit of Myrsol citrus burst. Job done. Still very much going to the aloe vera as a balm. A good shave is the perfect antidote to a harsh day. Oh - I recommend a dram too. Enjoy your shaves - I

890be47af7e1b962d6c966e989e91703.jpg

S.O.T.D 16/05/2017 (PM)

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock Don Donato
Razor: Maggard MR5 Handle/RazoRock Hawk Head
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #3
Post: Alum Block, RazoRock Don Donato Aftershave Splash , followed by Nivea Cooling Balm.

Swapped the stock light aluminium handle supplied with the RazoRock hawk with my trusty MR5 handle. The weight gain made a considerable amount of difference. So far best shave with the hawk, no weepers. This was an enjoyable smooth 2 pass shave.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Prep: Hot shower and BBA face wash
Razor: Guerrilla
Razor blade: Shark super chrome
Brush: shavemac snowman
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery

Third shave with the Guerrilla. I tried the Shark super chrome sent to me by @Acer89 thank you James.

A more comfortable shave with better results with the shark.

Although I was very impressed with the blade I still struggled to get a close shave. It's just isn't efficient enough for me.
I found myself getting frustrated and irritable, which isn't the best thing when you have a razor in your hand. I had to do a lot of touch ups and it still wasn't close enough.

One last point. I know there are a few of you who are either waiting for a Guerrilla or contemplating buying one.
I know my reviews haven't been very positive and I don't want to put a downer on it. I can only speak as I find.

Plus I'm a picky bugger who didn't like the Blackbird or the Timeless, both of which have a lot of happy owners. So there's always hope.

Cheers
Rob

Prep: Hot shower and BBA face wash
Razor: Guerrilla
Razor blade: Shark super chrome
Brush: shavemac snowman
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery

Third shave with the Guerrilla. I tried the Shark super chrome sent to me by @Acer89 thank you James.

A more comfortable shave with better results with the shark.

Although I was very impressed with the blade I still struggled to get a close shave. It's just isn't efficient enough for me.
I found myself getting frustrated and irritable, which isn't the best thing when you have a razor in your hand. I had to do a lot of touch ups and it still wasn't close enough.

One last point. I know there are a few of you who are either waiting for a Guerrilla or contemplating buying one.
I know my reviews haven't been very positive and I don't want to put a downer on it. I can only speak as I find.

Plus I'm a picky bugger who didn't like the Blackbird or the Timeless, both of which have a lot of happy owners. So there's always hope.

Cheers
Rob
I love your honesty Rob, most folk after spending that kind of cash on let's face it what is a sought after razor ( by some) would be singing its praises not matter what they was experances, you on the other hand will say what you really feel even if it has been made by you know who! Good man. :) (You, not him)!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom