20130511.jpg

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, Cold Water, Proraso Pre Green Tea & Oatmeal
Soap: D.R. Harris Windsor
Brush: Neep 28mm Extra Silvertip
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber WH, Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M Lotion
EdT: Pen's Opus 1870

My pairing of Neep's large Extra Silvertip and D.R. Harris soap wasn't the best, as it made hard work of working up a good lather. The brush is definitely more suited to creams. Besides that, an enjoyable no-drama shave.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS Grapefruit
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Best
Razor: Gillette New Bostonian with UFO 2 handle
Blade: Swede (2)
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

I really like this razor, but I don't like its handle, it is too light. I have currently got my UFO on it which is much better. What I need is a gold plated Bulldog handle. Perhaps I will get daz to make a copy of my Weber bulldog, than get Dave to gold plate it.

Saturday 11th May

sotd11513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
Gillette OC Aristocrat
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Another fine shave today, Liking the quality of the Speick products. :icon_smile:

Prep: Shower
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Razor: Riki Shia '888' 6/8" half hollow
Brush: Thater 4125/00 2-band fan
Cream: St James of London 'Cedarwood & Clarysage'
Astringent: Osma Alum
Cologne: St James of London 'Cedarwood & Clarysage' post-shave cologne

SOTD-13-05-11_zpsba7898c9.jpg

Notes: A good shave, 2-pass and a touch, near BBS, little alum sting. First razor I'd finished on a Suehiro Gokumyo 20k and it was certainly keen enough.

A late morning quick shave okay due to lack of time - didn't do myself any favours with one pass and a sore neck!

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
Body shop Macca root
New forest 1901 brush
Merkur progress set at 3
Rapira stainless (3)
Witch hazel
Trumpers coral skin food
Nivea balm
Sex pistols edit

[/code]

Actually shaved last night then again this afternoon - a real rarity for me as I have quite slow growth. Anyway, I had just about enough stubble to merit a pass or two and really fancied a shave, so here goes.

Planet Rock on the radio.
Hot shower, Bulldog facial scrub.
Weber DLC
Zorrik Super Stainless (2)
T&H No. 10 cream
NF brush

couple of passes and a wee touch-up under the jawline on both sides.
Proraso ASL and pre-post cream.

Happy Face!

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Saturday 11th May 2013
Razor: Valet Autostrop 1904
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Palmolive Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

My first shave with this newly acquired but my oldest razor. This model is I believe the first model that Valet/Autostrop made and is patented in Great Britain in 1904 and 1907. It is silver plated and shaves superbly albeit quite aggressively.

Scratced on the bottom of the nickel plated tin in which it came is:- A H Truman 3 Ox/Bucks Lt Infty. Which is the 3rd Battalion The Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry.

A search on the internet reveals the razors original owner was a Second Lieutenant in this regiment and I have found mention of him in the seige of Kut during the First World War in Mesopotamia (today's Iraq) in 1916, fighting the Turks.

If only this razor could talk!

Best Regards
Dick

What a fantastic story, Dick. I love provenance like that.

I have a Kampfe Star razor and can date mine reasonably accurately by the jewellers box it came in.

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: CJB Kamisori \ Gillette Sheraton
Blade: Feather Professional (1) \ Rapira (2)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Klar Kabinett - suribachi lathered
Cologne: Blenheim Bouquet

New Feather blade so put two cuts in a toilet roll tube. Still bloody sharp and after nicking myself a couple of times on a couple of WTG passes I decided not to risk an ATG pass and went for the Sheraton.

I think I'm going to order some Proguards and see how I get on with those instead. Perhaps the Professional are too steep a learning curve initially.

Sunburyboy93 said:
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Saturday 11th May 2013
Razor: Valet Autostrop 1904
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Palmolive Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

My first shave with this newly acquired but my oldest razor. This model is I believe the first model that Valet/Autostrop made and is patented in Great Britain in 1904 and 1907. It is silver plated and shaves superbly albeit quite aggressively.

Scratced on the bottom of the nickel plated tin in which it came is:- A H Truman 3 Ox/Bucks Lt Infty. Which is the 3rd Battalion The Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry.

A search on the internet reveals the razors original owner was a Second Lieutenant in this regiment and I have found mention of him in the seige of Kut during the First World War in Mesopotamia (today's Iraq) in 1916, fighting the Turks.

If only this razor could talk!

Best Regards
Dick

DSC04288.JPG

i'm loving that bit of History there, very very nice :icon_razz::icon_razz:

That whips my Auto strop, Pat April 9 1912, Titanic set sail next day, April 10th 1912, Makes you wonder what our vintage razors have seen don't it :s

Dr Dulcamara said:

Hi Doc,I think Martin would be interested in trying that soap, I wager he's dribbling over your nice photo like.....No lets not go there shall we:angel:

782sirbrian said:
Saturday 11th May

sotd11513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Gillette OC Aristocrat
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Another fine shave today, Liking the quality of the Speick products. :icon_smile:

What a classy razor, those OC Aristos are pretty drool worthy.

shavecraft said:
782sirbrian said:
Saturday 11th May

sotd11513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Gillette OC Aristocrat
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

What a classy razor, those OC Aristos are pretty drool worthy.

Thanks I agree I'm pleased with this razor, it had its faults but repaired now. I have a Aristocrat 16 that will be making an appearance later next week :blush: I seem to have had a splurge the last 2 weeks buying vintage razors :icon_rolleyes:.
Regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom