Russian Blades

Blades are personal, but my emerging situation is that I seem to like any blades made in Russia, and find them all the be pretty similar. There may be differences between Permasharps, Gillette Yellows, Polsilver, Voskhod, GSBs, etc, but they are not material to my mind, and I suspect I wouldn't be able to distinguish between them all in a blind test. And if I can't tell the difference, then it shouldn't be an issue as to which ones I am using.

That said, I'm a total brand tart, and quite like mincing about with a few different blade brands so I can swap them in and out from time to time.

I don't think I could either, I hope I hit on one brand eventually....

Gemstone trading sell a Russian blade sampler pack, I'd work through these before deciding on a bulk purchase.
I second the advice to be as consistent as possible when starting out, hopping about with blades definitely slowed the improvement in my technique. I have to travel every now & again for my work, my shaves improved noticeably when I was sent away for a fortnight & was forced to use one blade type, razor & soap combination.
I'm 8 months in now (SE & DE); found that practice (inc. lathering), preparation & knowing which way my beard grows were the dominant factors.
After that its garnish.
Stick with it, change one thing at a time & take your time being mindful to never apply pressure or shave an area that has no lather, avoid against the grain shaving until you are getting consistent irritation free passes.
It will improve, honest!
My skin is ridiculously sensitive & I can now shave daily with no irritation, could never do that with cartridges.

Gemstone trading sell a Russian blade sampler pack, I'd work through these before deciding on a bulk purchase.
I second the advice to be as consistent as possible when starting out, hopping about with blades definitely slowed the improvement in my technique. I have to travel every now & again for my work, my shaves improved noticeably when I was sent away for a fortnight & was forced to use one blade type, razor & soap combination.
I'm 8 months in now (SE & DE); found that practice (inc. lathering), preparation & knowing which way my beard grows were the dominant factors.
After that its garnish.
Stick with it, change one thing at a time & take your time being mindful to never apply pressure or shave an area that has no lather, avoid against the grain shaving until you are getting consistent irritation free passes.
It will improve, honest!
My skin is ridiculously sensitive & I can now shave daily with no irritation, could never do that with cartridges.

You have given me great feedback here ... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom