Rugby tribute to the two best wingers.

My tribute to the two best wingers in the modern history of rugby, and goes to show there is a place at the top for the small man.

Jamie.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/EBQjemtI0_E[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/ozrKpWR-UUI[/video]

It just goes to prove that size isn't everything. I always thought that James Simpson-Daniel, had he not been decimated with injuries in his earlier career, could have been on a similar plane as those undoubted greats. Alas we will never know....

Jon

Grunter said:
opened this thinking it was going to about the PROPER code-league! Wait for the barrage.......:icon_razz:

That may have been the case a decade ago, but even though I like a game of league, there's more excitement to be had watching top class rugby Union, and you don't see union teams chasing league players anymore I think that tells a story, but saying that League as a lot to offer Union take my team Wales for example Shaun Edwards Wales defence coach and we have the best defence in the northern hemisphere, and our schools youth and Wales under 20 head of performance and development coach another Wigan legend Joe Lydon, even the best rugby league player in the world Sonny Bill Williams couldn't nail down a regular spot in the All blacks team.

Jamie.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Grunter said:
opened this thinking it was going to about the PROPER code-league! Wait for the barrage.......:icon_razz:

That may have been the case a decade ago, but even though I like a game of league, there's more excitement to be had watching top class rugby Union, and you don't see union teams chasing league players anymore I think that tells a story, but saying that League as a lot to offer Union take my team Wales for example Shaun Edwards Wales defence coach and we have the best defence in the northern hemisphere, and our schools youth and Wales under 20 head of performance and development coach another Wigan legend Joe Lydon, even the best rugby league player in the world Sonny Bill Williams couldn't nail down a regular spot in the All blacks team.

Jamie.

Will beg to differ re excitement part, however do agree with rest of your reasoned argument. Union has become a lot more expansive in the last decade which has made it more exciting to watch, fitness and defence has improved and union's scrums are better than leagues but it still irk's me that so many points come from set kicks.I also agree with your choice of 'Billy Whizz' AKA Robinson

Dunno why anyone wouldn't include Martin Offiah. Check out his stats.

Martins stats don't include the try that he scored for Farsley Fliers against Rawdon Raiders in Emmerdale The away team were warming up and Terry Woods commented that they looked like "overweight indian waiters"....Martin informed everyone that they were in fact the Tongan national rugby league team.....complete with Sipi Tau war dance!!!. Lol......it was so funny.

Offiah was class! Sorry Jamie but I really have to dissagree with Jason Robinson though. Maybe one of England's best ever league players but that's about it for me. I just think there are so many better wingers out there. He was a great league player but personally I think he was pretty pish at union and very much over rated. England have had so many much better wingers than him.

Back
Top Bottom