Rugby League Challenge Cup Final

There are some sports that just don't do it for me - especially on TV - Ice Hockey, Squash, Formula 1 and Rugby League amongst them. This is not snobbishness (as I never played either version of the game), but RU has so many more levels of complexity as a spectator sport. Now that there is a Premiership team within reasonable traveling time at Coventry, I'm thinking of taking a season ticket - already have a ticket for the game against Northants on 4th October. Even though the big names will be missing, it's a chance to see if the setting and atmosphere at the Ricoh arena are good.
A friend of mine went to the Ricoh on two or three occasions last season and commented on how great the atmosphere was. If Wasps get the marketing right then they will be a major force in European Rugby in the next five years.

I think that originally it was "Old Trafford Football Ground" and "Old Trafford Cricket Ground" both of which named for the Old Trafford area in which they reside. Both were much more local concerns back then so the similar names were not really an issue.

Both became much better known than the area and the names shortened in use hence the understandable confusion.

Back
Top Bottom