Rugby Followers in Birmingham......

jds

Thought I'd pop in a brazen advert for a pretty significant game of rugby taking place on Saturday afternoon at Moseley Rugby Club in Birmingham.

Hugely important match that could, should Moseley win, secure their continuing existence in the Championship (the second tier of English rugby).

Also it is the official opening of Moseley's new stand and clubhouse facilities

Added to that it is the Former Player's Lunch which usually sees more than a handful of ex-Internationals and players from Moseley's golden era in the 70's and 80's.

Live music afterwards, bar facilities and more.

The weather looks set fair so if anyone is local and fancies a an afternoon that promises tension and excitement then get yourself down there. There is a large crowd expected so get there early, have a beer, a pork roll and stroll around.

You never know, you might just enjoy it so get yourself down to Birmingham's premier rugby club.

All details can be found here... Moseley Rugby Website

Hope to see you there....

I see Mike Teague was a former player always like him very good player. Just like some of the big names of the past Mosley and in Wales with the onset of Pro rugby a lot of once great clubs have slowly disappeared off the radar shame, but hard nosed business coupled with hard earned cash leave no room for sentiment and history counts for nothing.

Teague did play but he was past his best. The club screwed it up quite royally with the onset of professionalism, very nearly went out of existence, had to sell its ground of over a century. It's been a helluva struggle & relegation now would be nothing short of a catastrophe. But such is sport. It seems ridiculous that no significant commercial or personal backing can be found in a city the size of Birmingham.
I have great memories of the 80's when Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Bridgend, Llanelli, Ebbw Vale and others were regular opponents

I agree 100% Mosely to me seem like a sleeping giant a big chance for any backer with vision to turn that club into a top premiership outfit massive opportunity with the huge supporter base and very different to Wales where there's is no chance of getting into the Guinness Pro 12 because our 4 regions are ring fenced, Take Wasps they have upped their attendence figures big time since moving out of London and into Oxford giving them first class rugby I hope it happens for Moseley I would like to see them become a great club they once were.

Well we won and will be back in Championship next season. Attendance of 2.5k and a lovely sunny afternoon made for a great occasion. Hopefully more on the horizon

Back
Top Bottom