rose scents

i recently got a bottle of opus 1870 and have been blown away by the rose note in it, its got me interested in getting a rose scent. the ones ive seen having a look about are azzaro acteur and zino davidoff, does anyone have any experience of these, or have any other suggestions? cheers.

Another suggestion from me and that's the very respectable and hard to find Chanel Egoiste. That's the Egoiste original, NOT the Platinum version which can be found just about everywhere!

rum said:
Another suggestion from me and that's the very respectable and hard to find Chanel Egoiste. That's the Egoiste original, NOT the Platinum version which can be found just about everywhere!

i like the sound of egoiste, could be my sort of thing.

texaspete said:
Hammam Bouquet is rosy - kind of.

ive been fancying hammam bouquet for a while now, but always shy away from a blind buy because of the love it/hate it talk, i may have to try and get a sample from somewhere.

isaiah53 said:
rum said:

i like the sound of egoiste, could be my sort of thing.

Selfridges or Harrods will be your best bet. I suggest going to Harrods though. I got mine in Selfridges and the tester they had out smelt NOTHING like the real thing.

I've got Zino. It's nice.

Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme is rose too.

Aramis 900 blows them all away though.

I have Azzaro Acteur, great stuff, also worth a try is Van Cleef and Arpels pour homme.
From our very own Professor Blighty there is Rosewood, not part of the regular range anymore, but think the Prof may make it up if requested ?

I have Hammam Bouquet and find it a masculine rose smell very nice,i also have the Rose of Bulgaria EDP which smells nice but doesn"t last too long.
On a Rose day i use D R Harris Pink,Trumpers Coral skin food,Hammam Bouquet and for a final touch a spray of the wife's Jo Malone Red Roses while she's not looking of course!!

RB73 said:
Harris Pink or Milk as an A/S
C&S 88 as an EdT or A/S

Missed this post ...

Absolutely.

Pink aftershave is pure rose, #88 is rose geranium.

Both are 'must haves' for rose fans.

joe mcclaine said:
RB73 said:
Harris Pink or Milk as an A/S
C&S 88 as an EdT or A/S

Missed this post ...

Absolutely.

Pink aftershave is pure rose, #88 is rose geranium.

Both are 'must haves' for rose fans.

I agree with both too. The Harris is an after shave though, so not so much a cologne and doesn't really last very long. No. 88 on the other hand lingers for weeks....

Back
Top Bottom