Rooney Brushes Customer Service

Any of you gents have any experience with customer service directly with the Rooney Brush Makers?

Am I expecting too much if I'm disappointed in not hearing back from Rooney Brush Makers in one week after writing a customer service request?

If you want to read the long story after this, here it goes:

After my question and the subsequent answers to this thread - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6802" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6802</a><!-- l --> - I wrote to Executive Shaving where I bought the brush. This I did on January 31st. The prompt reply came on February 1st, stating that Rooney Brush Makers would not return any of the calls or mails from Executive Shaving, and therefore it would not make sense for Executive Shaving to try and solve my querry. They did refer me directly to Rooney Brush Makers, care of Mr. Lee Sabini.

On February 3rd I wrote Mr. Sabini with a querry what to do about my brush, which is shedding hairs in the amount of 5-10 hairs per day, since I ordered it on January 16th 2010. I did not ask specifically for a replacement, since I know now, which I didn't before, that I should have contacted them much earlier. I simply asked if they would be willing to replace my brush, even though I had used it for a year in this condition.

I have yet to receive an answer from Mr. Sabini, or even a confirmation that he has received my email. I am quite disappointed in the fact that I have not heard from the company that prides themselves in being the worlds oldest maker of quality shaving brushes.

Or maybe I'm just expecting to much in our current fast paced world?

Should be happy to hear your views on this matter gents!

Have a good one.

/Max

Thing is I would actually be happy for them to reply along the lines of:
Have received your querry, but feel that since so long time has gone by accepting the brush condition, it is not up to Rooney to resolve this matter.

The usual pleasantries...

Rooney.

All I really want is a reply, any reply.

/Max

Comb the brush through, shampoo, repeat, that should help remove many of the loose hairs. The problem is the brush has been used for over a year without complaint, he is complaining about something in retrospect. You're then get into issues about ownership and durability.

You won't get anywhere with Sabini, send a strong letter to ES.

mstrunck said:
Any of you gents have any experience with customer service directly with the Rooney Brush Makers?

Am I expecting too much if I'm disappointed in not hearing back from Rooney Brush Makers in one week after writing a customer service request?

If you want to read the long story after this, here it goes:

After my question and the subsequent answers to this thread - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6802" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6802</a><!-- l --> - I wrote to Executive Shaving where I bought the brush. This I did on January 31st. The prompt reply came on February 1st, stating that Rooney Brush Makers would not return any of the calls or mails from Executive Shaving, and therefore it would not make sense for Executive Shaving to try and solve my querry. They did refer me directly to Rooney Brush Makers, care of Mr. Lee Sabini.

On February 3rd I wrote Mr. Sabini with a querry what to do about my brush, which is shedding hairs in the amount of 5-10 hairs per day, since I ordered it on January 16th 2010. I did not ask specifically for a replacement, since I know now, which I didn't before, that I should have contacted them much earlier. I simply asked if they would be willing to replace my brush, even though I had used it for a year in this condition.

I have yet to receive an answer from Mr. Sabini, or even a confirmation that he has received my email. I am quite disappointed in the fact that I have not heard from the company that prides themselves in being the worlds oldest maker of quality shaving brushes.

Or maybe I'm just expecting to much in our current fast paced world?

Should be happy to hear your views on this matter gents!

Have a good one.

/Max

Hi, i can't understand why Executive Shaving are asking you to contact Rooney/Lee Sabini, you purchased the Brush from Executive Shaving, it is down to them to do what they need to do to resolve your brush problem, they need to to Contact Rooney and sort it out with them, if Rooney/Lee won't return calls to them thats neither here nor there....your contract of sale is with Executive Shavng.

if the Brush is substandard (which if it has been shedding Hair from the day you had it until now, it doesn't sound good, even if it is a year old or more) then they need to resolve the problem withing a reasonable amount of time or issue a refund, Consumer Law states that if a Product that is sold to you is unfit for the purpose then you are entitled to a repair, replacement, refund at least something to resolve the situation, from the seller (your seller which is Executive Shaving)...Executive Shaving should be sorting this out.

Even if Rooney/Lee were to respond to you, the brush was sold to Executive Shaving by Rooney/Lee so as Executive Shaving are Rooneys Customer, he is not abliged to do anything until they get in touch with him.

Just to make it clear, I have bought stuff from Executive Shaving and lee Sabini, and i will say both have been fantastic, so i hold no bad feeling against either, both have been very good everytime i have used them. this is just my take on the situation.

Steve

It's over a year old Steve, if a customer came back to you after a year of using your soap and they said it was faulty you be well within your rights to tell them to take a hike.

antdad said:
It's over a year old Steve, if a customer came back to you after a year of using your soap and they said it was faulty you be well within your rights to tell them to take a hike.

if a soap had been bad quality from day one then i would have expected to be contacted before a year went by, didnt mstrunck contact Executive Shaving as soon as it started shedding hairs?, i thought he did in the original post ?

i will re read it...

hunnymonster said:
Realistically though you'd expect a brush to last considerably more than a year - a soap not so much. Not that I'm suggesting that a brush with a year of life sucked out of it should be replaced new for old but some equitable redress should be possible.

In which case Executive Shaving should be dealing with this as the seller, IMHO but don't rate your chances.

Thanks for all the nice and good feedback gents.

I understand that if anyone needs to take care of this, it should be Executive Shaving.

I am also fully aware, that chances are, no one will want to do anything about this issue, because a year has gone by, where I thought this was normal for a brush. But this was always the case, and I did not expect that no one would replace it, only hoping so.

I have gotten a lot of really good advice, for which I am thankful.

Thanks.

/Max

Here we go again.....

What's up with service in this country?!

I recently bought a 3/1 from ES and it's shedding 2-3 hairs per shave. Fido's 2201 has shed not one since I've had it, and cost a 3rd of the price. I have really bad luck with Rooneys, although the Heritage ones seem to be made to a better standard.

I've pretty much had it with both Rooney and Simpsons (horrible pointy uneven bulby knots, there are some QC issues...). ES are selling their remaining stock of Rooney and after that we here in the good old UK won't be able to buy a brush from this UK brand except from the States. How ironic. :evil:

I do hope ES sort it for you. A brush shouldn't be shedding that much after a week, let alone a year.

John

Back
Top Bottom