Rockwell 6C Kickstarter.

Well what a palarver this is turning into.

Ordered & paid for aeons ago with the promise of November delivery.

Despite the fact it's made in China, some bright spark decided that it needs to travel through the U.S. then Canada before being shipped to the E.U. ( Logistics obviously aren't their strong point. )

Helpfully, someone in the U.S. stuck "Made in U.S.A. " stickers on them & consequently when the shipment was stopped on the U.S./Canada border, customs were slightly confused as to why a Chinese-made product was being "exported" from the U.S.

Delivery is now expected in January. ( Allegedly. )

Am being continually bombarded with requests for feedback on the razor which is somewhere in North America. ( I think. )

The mind boggles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think Rockwell has been nothing than extremely transparent about everything that have happened - including the unfortunate customs hold.
The $14-15 credit, that at least the superbackers got, was also greatly appreciated but honestly not something they even had to do. I noticed you forgot to mention that.

So the razor arrives a couple of months late from a Kickstarter campaign and you get a credit (I used mine for some blades and a leather sheath) is quite honestly neither unexpected nor bad.
I think setting realistic expectations when you buy anything that is not ready to be wrapped up in a store is important - something that doesn't even exist when you buy it.
If one lacks the ability to understand and accept deviations from even the best laid plans as long as they are acceptable in terms of delay, compensation, etc then crowdfunding projects might not be a suitable purchase option and simply better to wait for when in-stock items are are available :)

Last edited:
well in terms of acceptable delay, some say 3 years for the beluga and counting is FINE, but 3 days for someone else is unacceptable with their work.

But I believe kickstarters home page and guidelines says something like "spend your money on kickstarter backing projects that you like, but please don't get upset when they fizzle out"

I don't have a problem with the time delay, I am struggling to understand the need to constantly cross international borders for no reason. Being as Rockwell have already told me that the shipment was stopped at the U.S./Canada border due to being incorrectly marked " Made in U.S.A. ", I have now been given a tracking number which shows that it was posted in Illinois U.S.A. & has been stuck there since the 23rd of December. So the razor was made in China & has now travelled to the U.S.A. then Canada & back to the U.S.A. before hopefully arriving in Europe.

I don't have a problem with the time delay, I am struggling to understand the need to constantly cross international borders for no reason. Being as Rockwell have already told me that the shipment was stopped at the U.S./Canada border due to being incorrectly marked " Made in U.S.A. ", I have now been given a tracking number which shows that it was posted in Illinois U.S.A. & has been stuck there since the 23rd of December. So the razor was made in China & has now travelled to the U.S.A. then Canada & back to the U.S.A. before hopefully arriving in Europe.

It feels as if I've already read this

Back
Top Bottom