Ring trip and Porsche museum

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Here are some pics from my recent trip to the continent. Almost 1500 miles all in including a stop off at Reims to the old F1 circuit then onto Stuttgart to the Porsche museum then to the Ring before a quick stop off at Spa on the way home.

dscf8759edit.jpg

dscf8838.jpg

dscf8817edit.jpg

dscf8810edit.jpg

dscf8808edit.jpg

dscf88002.jpg

dscf8798edit2.jpg

More to follow when I get them off the camera.

Boab,

I've seen a few things that have suggested to me that you are a bit of a Porsche man.

My brother has a mate that does house clearances. He did one where there was a barn with a few cars in it, this was one of them.

My little bro is currently restoring it, with as much originality as possible.

9114.jpg

It's a '73 911 with the Sportomatic gearbox. Completely original.

Ian

that looks gorgeous Ian, wheels alone will be worth a fortune. Where is that jealous smilie? Keep me up to date with progress I would love to see how it is coming along.

Boab said:
that looks gorgeous Ian, wheels alone will be worth a fortune. Where is that jealous smilie? Keep me up to date with progress I would love to see how it is coming along.

I don't know how long it will take him to complete it. He's currently in the middle of selling his house and buying another.

The engine has been out. The gearbox has been rebuilt, but I don't know where he is with it at the moment.

Ian

antdad said:
I see you took the old girl with you this time Boab, how did you get on?

She held up pretty good considering the amount of driving (some quite 'spirited' on the autobahn and ring of course :p)
I used up about 750ml of oil all trip but now seem to have developed a leak somewhere.I also snapped one of the links which holds an anti roll bar bush in place.The look like they are original and have had some stick.Running a little hot so it is on the drive atm, cooling system dismantled and front ARB off while I diagnose the problems and make repairs.Great fun though and the maintenance/repair is all part of the reason I bought the old girl.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://86-944.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://86-944.blogspot.com</a><!-- m --> if you fancy getting bored by my repair journal :lol:

Bookmarked!

I should do one of those with my Polo G40 that's in pieces at the moment.

Look forward to your updates. A nice looking 944 there Boab.

Back
Top Bottom