Rex Adjustable Slant: one to lay down?

Hi guys just wondering if this is a razor worth paying £350 for and if you reckon it will keep its value or maybe increase. I am not an “investor” or serious collector or anything but for that sort of money....what’s the shave like also?

I bought a Konsul because I like adjustables (vintage and modern) and slants, and the Rex Ambassador was an indication of the manufacturing quality I might expect, especially for the price. I find it's a first-rate shaver, and ticks all my particular boxes.

If you bought one now, and then sought to sell it fairly soon, I think you'd lose money on it. Whether that would change, over a period of years, depends on how "special" in terms of design and quality it is, and rarity value. I have no idea of how many Konsuls there are or will be "in the wild", but I don't think it's going to be quite as desirable or collectable as, for example, the Rocnel Sailors.

I am not an “investor”
Buying consumer goods is not investing it's speculation at best.

If you want to become an investor I suggest right now is a good time to start (markets down, good time to buy).
If you don't have one already open a stocks and shares ISA (maybe with likes of a low cost platform like Vanguard). Or fire additional payments into a personal (or work) pension. Any/all of these very tax efficient and, best of all, simple.

Set up a regular monthly saving (Google pound cost averaging) then ignore until you retire....

But, depending on your appetite for risk, "YMMV" ;)

Set up a regular monthly saving (Google pound cost averaging) then ignore until you retire....
Pound cost averaging would be buying other stuff with pounds little and often to average out the 'pound cost' of that other stuff . Were you suggesting a regular monthly saving based in pounds or in some other form of asset? It's a good idea to have cash available as part of a portfolio, and that's what I'm assuming you meant, but that's not what pound cost averaging is.

We're a little off topic ... but I just assumed by 'regular monthly saving' JB meant regular monthly transactions of the type he mentioned before, i.e. index funds through ISA/SIPP/work pension. Then pound cost averaging applies.

Back
Top Bottom