REVIEW - RazoRock 'The Monster' 26mm Plissoft Brush

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
RazoRock 'Monster' 26mm Plissoft Brush

It is a brush for lathering shaving software.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I'll start with the description. It is a substantial bit of kit. Solid, well made and well presented. It arrived in a RazoRock branded box, which looks classy.

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

When you take the brush out of the box, you immediately notice two things. The size and the weight. It is a heavy brush in comparison to my Omega 48 and Body Shop Synthetic. It is also large, very large. It dwarfs my Body Shop Synthetic in knot size and heft. It is rubbing shoulders in terms of size with the Omega as can be seen below.

IMG_0082.jpg

The knot itself is very dense, and very soft. It has immensely soft tips, with a sensible amount of backbone to the bristles. The handle is a solid resin affair, very hefty, nicely polished and patterned with what appears to be a wood grain effect.

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

I find it best to dampen the brush lightly then load accordingly, adding water to achieve the desired lather as opposed to starting with it overly wet.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Well, this is interesting. I've enjoyed using large brushes and I've enjoyed using smaller brushes. My first impression beyond size and weight was just how soft the tips are. They make my other synthetics seem scritchy in comparison. It is a very pleasant brush to apply to your face if you like soft brushes. If you like the scritch of a boar or lower grade badger, this may not be the brush for you. If you like holding a substantial handle, this will be right up your alley. To coin my initial SOTD using this brush, it rips a hole in both the soap and the space/time continuum!

It is a very capable bowl lathering brush, whipping up oodles of lather from creams, croaps and hard soaps alike. It is also at home face lathering. I must say, I prefer using it to bowl lather, but that's all personal preference.

20160403_073815-01.jpeg

20160402_090801-01.jpeg

Did I mention the price yet? No. Well, it can be had from Shaving Station for a very reasonable £17.49. Bargain? Oh yes, of a monstrous size!

Back
Top Bottom