Resignation

Well done. I really admire what you've done, having done similar myself a few years ago. Jacked in my IT job to be a self-employed photographer.

It's a great feeling! After watching a few episodes of The Office I realised I had to go, and that an office job wasn't for me. Now I'm poorer (but ticking over nicely, in spite of the current climate) but 100% happier.

You spend most of your life at work so you may as well enjoy what you do. I know so many people who live for the weekends and then get off their heads to numb themselves from the reality of their lives. Not a healthy way to live.

Good luck! :mrgreen:

John

I did the same thing a few years back, quit a well paying high end IT job (that I hated!) to do something I felt was more satisfiying, I quit without knowing what to do, or where to go. (I moved country and all). Six years later, and I'm at a point in my life where I earn 50% of my previous salary, but couldn't be happier.

you spend 1/3 of your day at work, you want enjoy life, that includes that 1/3.

Good on you, and you did it for the right reasons, nothing feels better than looking in your shaving mirror in the morning and thinking "I did the right thing"

If you're tight on cash over the next few months and your shaving supplies are low, give us a shout, I'm sure we can PIF you stuff ;)

FB.

Back
Top Bottom