Rescuing British English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na..The Only Good Democracy to the USA is a Dead Democracy..Any Country that Attempts Democratic Processes is Invaded by America or Governments Over Thrown & Replaced by USA Puppets..:rolleyes:

They Waged Murdering Wars Against the Southern Hemisphere Until Recently Been Kicked Out of Latin America..Catros Legacy in Action..The Anti Communism is Double Speak for Anti Free World or Anti Democracy..The USA had Good Masters to Learn from..The British Empire..:)

The Squashing of the Spreading Democratic United Arab Spring is a Case in Point..Vietnam was Another..I Can Go On..Korea was Another..They Got there Assess Kicked for that One by the Chinese..:D:D

Billy
Democracy is used a by word for capitalism in some cases, and comes in many forms.
Cuba has democratically elected representatives of the people, all communists, but how many non-capitalists stand in American elections?
America has interrupted sovereign tv and radio broadcasts in Cuba with their own propaganda, how democratic is that?
Britain ruled Hong Kong for many decades and only decided to introduce western style democracy in the years leading up to its hand back to China. Mischievous and unsettling to China.

That post reminded me of seeing a news interview with an American military officer back in the 1960s regarding an operation in Vietnam in which he advised us that, " the mortality response was very positive. " in respect of that appaling term, the " body count", think thst must have been one of the first times I noticed how English usage was changing.
JohnnyO. o/

Very vague and by "starved to death", do they mean due to economic mismanagement?
Castro's response to the economic collapse was re-education and opening the country up to tourism, far more proactive and alleviating than the West's response to the Wall Street Crash.
And, indeed to the current handling of the crisis brought about by greedy unscrupulous bankers, bailed out with public money.
I have never in my life seen so many homeless on the streets as there are now.

Very vague and by "starved to death", do they mean due to economic mismanagement?
Castro's response to the economic collapse was re-education and opening the country up to tourism, far more proactive and alleviating than the West's response to the Wall Street Crash.
And, indeed to the current handling of the crisis brought about by greedy unscrupulous bankers, bailed out with public money.
I have never in my life seen so many homeless on the streets as there are now.

If Castro is so wonderful and Cuba such a paradise, then why are thousands of its citizens willing to risk their lives almost daily to escape to the USA? Bad table service in the restaurants? :rolleyes: As regards your statement re "unscrupulous" bankers, you foreigners are oblivious to the ridiculous requirements they labor under called the Community Reinvestment Act and other entitlement programs forcing them to make loans to minorities with wretched credit ratings, i.e., "deadbeats":

https://spectator.org/42211_true-origins-financial-crisis/

Remember the words of the famous Prussian historian von Ranke when studying history: "Wie es eigentlich
gewesen." ;)

As regards the "homeless" people you speak of, the vast majority have mental and/or drug issues but because the "hand wringing" Liberals screamed for deinstitutionalization under President Nixon they were dumped into mainstream society. The laws now require they must be a danger to themselves or others before they can be committed. Another perfect example of "do gooders" mucking up everything via their "feelings" via multi-culturalism and "diversity". It's a miserable failure and will be the end of the Western World in short order unless the tide is turned back and quickly.

It amazes me that 18% of Americans speak a second language when 99% of them haven't mastered the first one yet.
British English, or Estuary English, may be rampant on this island, and may be representative of what the indigenous population might think is proper English as spoken by 30 million natives, but the world learns American English as spoken by 320 million native speakers. The insistence by Brits that they are the chosen ones has been put to rest over, and over again. It is only when you acknowledge a Higher Power (Donald J. Trump) that you begin the journey to redemption. High five, @Bogeyman !

Don't believe I'd like a reputation as a ' do badder ' ... although, returning to thread topic, it seems that this is what doing good has now become . Strange that doing good is a term of oprobium nowadays.

JohnnyO. o/

Fine, just do it with your own personal money and not burden the taxpayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom