Replacement for Noxzema Blue / Menthol

Al H said:
CelticRoots said:
Bechet45 said:
CelticRoots said:
Aerosols contain more harmful chemicals than a tube of cream matey.

You may find this link helpful...

http://www.electrogent.com/2013/09/shaving-creams-new-beginning/

Not at all helpful, matey. The author does not know my skin and so does not know that I react immediately to the much vaunted TOBS creams, along with many others here. Other creams variously affect my skin adversely whereas in forty years of aerools I didn't have a single reaction. Of the aerosols, I rate Noxema far and away the best - it is so silky smooth, lubricates extremely well and is well suited to my skin - and millions of others'. I use L'Oreal now for the same reasons - but it is getting hard to find, too.

'Tis a dull man who relies on the opinions of others and quotes them like gospel, being without experience to gauge them by.

So you are insulting me now? Poor show.

I think it may be time to pull your rattle back in the pram and converse like a grown man rather than throwing around insults over nothing at all.

Hardly an insult and a perfect response to some blog pertaining to be fact and the superior attitude posting it
Shaving cream can have just as dangerous ingredients

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/men/shaving-tips/chemicals-in-shaving-cream2.htm

Antifreeze and cancer anyone

Maybe you don't see it that way but I did. Would you not find the statement at the end condescending and a tad insulting if directed at you?

I have no superior attitude as I am just a regular guy. However apologies if it came across in that way.

Dobbo25 said:
CelticRoots said:
Bechet45 said:
CelticRoots said:
Aerosols contain more harmful chemicals than a tube of cream matey.

You may find this link helpful...

http://www.electrogent.com/2013/09/shaving-creams-new-beginning/

Not at all helpful, matey. The author does not know my skin and so does not know that I react immediately to the much vaunted TOBS creams, along with many others here. Other creams variously affect my skin adversely whereas in forty years of aerools I didn't have a single reaction. Of the aerosols, I rate Noxema far and away the best - it is so silky smooth, lubricates extremely well and is well suited to my skin - and millions of others'. I use L'Oreal now for the same reasons - but it is getting hard to find, too.

'Tis a dull man who relies on the opinions of others and quotes them like gospel, being without experience to gauge them by.

So you are insulting me now? Poor show.

I think it may be time to pull your rattle back in the pram and converse like a grown man rather than throwing around insults over nothing at all.

I hardly think Bechet insulted you, if he had, you would have definitely known about it :) And if you would like him to converse about some of the nasties in shaving creams and soaps, then I'd advise you to look at some of his earlier posts/threads pertaining to this matter. As I'm sure you'll find, the man is very knowledgeable on the subject.

As said before it was not my intention to come across high and mighty or anything of that nature so apologies if it did.

P.s. it's worth mentioning that I say matey as it is a term used in my area and is in no way meant in a condescending fashion.

CelticRoots said:
P.s. it's worth mentioning that I say matey as it is a term used in my area and is in no way meant in a condescending fashion.

Then you may want to consider how it might be received by folk not from your area, especially when it is delivered from beneath your avatar.

Bechet45 said:
CelticRoots said:

Then you may want to consider how it might be received by folk not from your area, especially when it is delivered from beneath your avatar.

Point taken and apologies made.

Let's all move on now.

Burgundy said:
Must every thread turn into a pissing contest?

Which markers do people favour for marking the wall/ground when having a pissing contest?

Which is member's favourite disinfectant for an after contest clean-up?

What is your favourite beverage to get those extra few inches?

Eagleburger said:
I've being swapping notes with a UK distributor which is negotiating with P&G for a licence to manufacture Noxzema shaving foam over here. They hope to have things up and running within the next 6 months. Of course, licence negotiations (even for end of life products) can be very difficult and prolonged - so it may never happen. But here's hoping it does!

Eagleburger, have you heard anything more about the progress that the UK distributor is having with P&G?

I am almost out of my stock of Nox Blue and have no idea what I am going to do once it's finished, don't really want to go back to Nox Cocoa as not anywhere as good at Nox Blue.

I spent a load of time speaking to P&G (UK), useless bunch, P&G (USA), Unilever (USA) and Kai Universal Razor Industries, the people who make Noxzema shaving products under licence of Unilever (USA). Unilever and Kai were extremely helpful and both confirmed that P&G still retain the ownership of the Nox Blue brand although has been discontinued since 2009. Kai advised that it was manufactured in Italy under licence who also produced other similar products although he didn't have any contact details.

I have even sent a email to P&G Customer Services in relation to product development and linking several webpages, forums, customer reviews etc but unsurprisingly no response..

I cannot believe P&G are resisting reintroducing Nox Blue. I have been using it for 22 years now and as far as I know there is no obvious replacement - help!! Maybe P&G are scared that reintroding it will dent their sales in their crappy Gillette range..??

Maybe we all should start a mass FB / emailing P&G campaign to get them to listen or join forces with this distributor to get the licence to manufacture it again?

As you say, here's hoping P&G do the right thing!!

As I understand it P&G aren't interested in resurrecting the Noxzema range.

I've been exchanging emails with Everyready Healthcare (david@evereadyhealthcare.com) and learned that they are shortly to start production of a product which will shadow the Noxzema Menthol shaving foam. They have agreed the formula with the Italian manufacturer which made the original and are now just waiting for a production slot. My guess is that they'll have something out within a couple of months.

In the meantime I suggest you try Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus (green). It's almost as good and widely available.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Julian

Eagleburger said:
As I understand it P&G aren't interested in resurrecting the Noxzema range.

I've been exchanging emails with Everyready Healthcare (david@evereadyhealthcare.com) and learned that they are shortly to start production of a product which will shadow the Noxzema Menthol shaving foam. They have agreed the formula with the Italian manufacturer which made the original and are now just waiting for a production slot. My guess is that they'll have something out within a couple of months.

In the meantime I suggest you try Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus (green). It's almost as good and widely available.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Julian

Julian, thanks for the quick reply.

Well that doesn't surprise me, P&G won't want a product that will significantly adversely affect their crappy Gillette range..even though these brands and poles apart in quality and price.

Good news on the Ever Ready Healthcare front, I really do hope they get this up and running soon. I'll need to keep my eye out for it. Yeah, I was in contact with David Lee too although he kept stoom about a new product range.. Just hope it is just as good as Nox Blue, don't care about how the can looks although would be nice to keep it retro!!

Thanks for the recommendation, I have seen mixed reviews about the Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus but will give it a try. I was going to go down the brush and bowl route but not the most convenient when shaving quickly in the shower or staying over with friends and family..

Cheers

John

Just an update to everyone.

Have today received confirmation that the replacement of Noxzema Menthol is in the works with Eveready Healthcare expecting stock within the next three months.

Apparently the pre-production samples are indistinguishable to the original Nox menthol, even the can design will be very similar to the Nox Blue can although with a new name..

Excellent news all round!!

Back
Top Bottom