Rene de Bruyn in Black Horn

Here is a blade that got my interest because of the shape and the fact that it's from Belgium - I hadn't come across any before. It's a fairly hefty (about?) half grind 6/8" wide and a full 3" cutting edge and had been sitting in my workroom ignored for the last few months. However when I cleaned it up I was surprised at the quality so I made some scales from black horn with an acrylic spacer and silver nickel pins and SS washers - which I kept small this time.

It has taken an incredibly small but very sharp edge which I tried to capture in one of the photos but without success. A couple of the pics were taken in daylight and show the true colour.

IMG_0989_zps6767e6b1.jpg

IMG_0992_zps89c11d78.jpg

IMG_0991_zpse02e3aa6.jpg

IMG_0995_zps11797d13.jpg

IMG_0996_zps60fb6ce9.jpg

IMG_0994_zpsa1bb106c.jpg

Very nice looking blade Rob, plus it's also shoulderless, you don't see many razors from Belgium, I was contacted by someone over on Badger & Blade a while back he had a lovely looking De Pews Belgium razor I could have got hold of but I had my eye on something else at the time.

Jamie

I forgot to mention in the earlier post that the defined heel is what attracted me to the shape. Most razors have a rounded heel whereas this one is quite acute - this helps me as I don't change hands when shaving so, when it comes to my left cheek, I will use the heel closest to my ear which is a bit easier, and gives more visibility, rather than having the toe closest.

UKRob said:
I forgot to mention in the earlier post that the defined heel is what attracted me to the shape. Most razors have a rounded heel whereas this one is quite acute - this helps me as I don't change hands when shaving so, when it comes to my left cheek, I will use the heel closest to my ear which is a bit easier, and gives more visibility, rather than having the toe closest.

very nice indeed!

Back
Top Bottom