Renaissance Wax

I'm considering polishing a couple of my brass razors that have a machined/blasted finish on them. The Karve CB is one of the candidates.

Let's assume my attempt with Peek and the drill attachments have the desired effect and the razor emerges with a mirror like finish, I'd like to retain this for as long as possible. My understanding is that Renaissance Wax will help reduce the rate of patina and stains. Is this really the case for a razor stored in a bathroom environment? Does regular handling reduce the effectiveness of the wax? It's also quite expensive (says the man that haemorrhages money on shaving hardware). Are there cheaper alternatives that perform just as well?

WD40 works in the same way?
Not really, It's lighter. No hard coating to be buffed.
But It's easier to use.
How do you apply it?
Just spray on the surface to protect.
Let it grip for a couple of minutes, and clean with a towel.
I clean the first with paper and then with microfiber.
Fast and effective.

Good thing, WD40 is for all materials.
Very helpful on my straight razors.

Hmmm, WD40 might work, but I'm not sure it's that good for the skin, so using it on razor surfaces other than the handle thread might not be a good way to go. :unsure:

I'm considering polishing a couple of my brass razors that have a machined/blasted finish on them. The Karve CB is one of the candidates.

Let's assume my attempt with Peek and the drill attachments have the desired effect and the razor emerges with a mirror like finish, I'd like to retain this for as long as possible. My understanding is that Renaissance Wax will help reduce the rate of patina and stains. Is this really the case for a razor stored in a bathroom environment? Does regular handling reduce the effectiveness of the wax? It's also quite expensive (says the man that haemorrhages money on shaving hardware). Are there cheaper alternatives that perform just as well?
Yes the wax is great and will stop tarnishing but will wear off with use of the razor.
Yes it's expensive but a little goes a long way
You can use this wax on
most surfaces, wipe on polish up an leave.
I love the stuff, it works and if it good enough for museums and stately homes it good enough for me. :)

P.

Last edited:
Not sure about brass, but Renaissance is fantastic on my straight razors. I apply it about once a year and that's it, no rust or marks.
If you'd like to try my tin if wax let me know.
Thank you for the kind offer Mark but I should probably stump up the few £ to buy some rather than you being out of pocket on postage.

I use a good car wax...I know...what? First I use a brass or metal polish and then apply the car wax, let dry to a haze and buff. It does last for a while and is cheap and easy.

I have used the Renaissance Wax for several years on every steel tool I have from mega expensive custom knives through straight razors to garden secateurs not a spot of rust anywhere, also I have hardly made a dent in the tub as a little goes a long way.

Back
Top Bottom