Remote working Mac to PC

I work at home on my Mac, logging into my office PC using Sonic Wall. Over recent times when I print from work PC to my home printer, it takes forever to print out, sometimes even hours. Our tech support people tell me there is nothing they can do. But it used to work fine, so surely it can be fixed. Has anyone got any ideas what the problem might be and how to fix it. It is driving me insane, and making remote working barely feasible.

I'm using remote desktop for all computers and mobile phone, when I want to print something put file in Dropbox or something similar, enter on device that is directly connected to printer and print file, hope that can work for you.

Thanks RSSO, but I already often email stuff from work to my yahoo a/c and then print direct from there; but it's not good enough. Often I am dealing with urgent situations, and I'm stressed and need to work fast. I need to click 'print' in work, and see it coming off my printer here. And I don't understand why if it worked o.k. before, now it doesn't.

Thanks AlexNoodles; I don't think the problem is with printing PDFs per se, as I can print them fine direct from home computer to printer. It is only when trying to print from work computer (remotely logged in from home) that the problem occurs. I have complained to tech support people and they are going to try again tomorrow, so fingers crossed.
Also my printer doesn't seem to be supported by the gimp thing.

Back
Top Bottom