Recommend me some good television series to watch please!

Re: Recommend me some good television series to watch please

antdad said:
Ah well, these things usually take time to appreciate or not. TBH I've never heard or seen most of what folks have listed in this thread so I'm not surprised I end up liking what others don't.

Just remember puppets can get away with anything.

It would certainly be a dull world if we all liked the same things, like Eamon Holmes. Oh sorry, you said puppets, i misread it as muppets :oops: ;)

A guilty pleasure of mine is Vampire Diaries. Series 1 was great - much better than I thought it would be. Largely good acting (from a very attractive cast), very witty, knowing yet blackly comic script, doesn't take itself too seriously. Spot the ugly person! :D

Well worth a watch - but watch series 1 first or you won't know what the hell is going on.

Pisses all over Twilight from a great height.

John

Ah Eamon Holmes? Yeah that wasn't very funny, I was however amused that he failed miserably at pretending to be a cnut even though he clearly is a cnut.

Psych - first season is like a fiver on play.com
The Mentalist
Lie To Me
Californication
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The Mighty Boosh
The League Of Gentlemen
Quantum Leap - think the DVDs of this are pretty cheap now

jhclare said:
A guilty pleasure of mine is Vampire Diaries. Series 1 was great - much better than I thought it would be. Largely good acting (from a very attractive cast), very witty, knowing yet blackly comic script, doesn't take itself too seriously. Spot the ugly person! :D

Well worth a watch - but watch series 1 first or you won't know what the hell is going on.

John

I got sucked into The Vampire Diaries. (See what I did there? ;) )

My daughter is a fan of the books and it's must see viewing every week for the rest of the family. I pretend I'm not bothered, but have to admit that it's pretty good.

I'll second the clever chap who mentioned "Battlestar Galactica"

sky's modern day re-imagining of a classic series has turned out to be simply the best thing ive seen on broadcast television for at least 10 years. Superb show, and should be on ANYONES must see list.

following that:

-the mentalist
-burn notice
-lie to me
-the wire

jhclare said:

John

I have seen it and the only reason I watched it was for Ian Somerhalder. No homo! ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUCbPvP5H9k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUCbPvP5H9k</a><!-- m --> )

So you've read the 9000 some page Twilight books and you concur with my lady friends that just like any book, it's always going to be better than the movie?

Looks like the new series of Misfits has started. Catch up here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.seesaw.com/TV/Drama/s-11445-Misfits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.seesaw.com/TV/Drama/s-11445-Misfits</a><!-- m -->

Professor Blighty said:
Spartacus, Blood and Sand, all that sex, intrigue and violence, reminds of the works Christmas party last year. :lol:

Did they have photo-copiers in those days?

Pig Cat said:
Professor Blighty said:
Spartacus, Blood and Sand, all that sex, intrigue and violence, reminds of the works Christmas party last year. :lol:

Did they have photo-copiers in those days?

Nah, but you could moon a scribe and he'd do a line drawing of your butt, then stencil it onto a huge number of really cheap urns. Then a carter would haul the urns into the office atrium, or even out to a nearby market square, and just abandon them there for whoever wanted one.

• ... kind of expains the vast amount of potsheards throughout what used to be Roman-occupied Europe, eh wot?[/list:u][/list:u]

Been home sick for a few days and been binge-watching 'detectorists' - great show!

7083895-low_res-.jpg

Back
Top Bottom