Recommend Boar brush for face lathering

My Vulfix Grosvenor is on its last legs so I need a new brush.
Fancy boar as I have a very nice and very expensive badger that my wife bought me a while ago.

What is a good boar brush for mainly face lathering?
The cheaper the better:icon_razz:

Maybe a Vulfix 404 for less than a tenner, mixed boar and badger:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Progress-Vulfix-Grosvenor-Bristle-Shaving/dp/B004X1BFEM/ref=sr_1_25?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1326742250&sr=1-25

Is there a reason why it has to be boar other than cost? I know you said you have a nice and expensive badger, but badger can also come in cheap and scratchy* flavour and I think it performs way better than boar even at the budget end. Edwin Jagger black badgers start on Amazon for £15:80, see link below.

(* Only kidding on the scratchy, I have one and it's ace, certainly worth that extra fiver).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edwin-Jagger-Plastic-Handled-Shaving/dp/B003LW6S0U/ref=sr_1_38?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1326742387&sr=1-38

I love my Semogue 830 and use it for only face lathering. I find it does a lovely job.

If you want a bit more scrub, have a look for brushes with 50mm loft. I have a size 1 LE 2011 and the scrub it has is brilliant.

You can't go wrong with Semogue for boar's. I find them more sophisticated and offer a lot more luxury over Omega boars so much so that I've piffed all my Omega's!

Hi just fancy trying a board brush! Already have a 404 which is getting a bit old now will most probably replace it with another but in the meantime fancy a boar.

OK I haven't tried many boar brushes but I really like my Semogue 1305, and it is probably Semogue's most popular boar brush. I'm pretty sure it comes in at less than £20 including postage from Vintage Scent.

Another vote for the Semogue 1305 - it's cheap, has a funky painted handle and will feel softer on the face than many badgers once broken in.

I'll also mention the Vulfix 2234 boar, as I've recently been quite impressed with mine. It has a very attractive, quality handle (mine is the faux horn), and is great for face lathering. Paul at Connaught sells a good range of the Vulfix boars.

I was very skeptical when I received my 1305 from a forum member here just over a week ago, dry it was stiff and very unforgiving but as soon as I gave it a soak it softened up and a week later the tips have started to split and it has taken on a lovely soft feel with a great backbone.

Perfect for face lathering and produces a good lather from soaps that had been a disappointment with the badger.

Just recently received two Semogues (1305 and SOC Cherry) - both are lovely brushes to use. I'm tending more towards favouring the SOC - but that's partially for aesthetic reasons...

I've also just received a Vie-Long horse - again, another lovely brush to use - and one worth considering as they are also not too expensive.

I'll second the recommendation on a Vie Long Horse Hair, picked one up from Gifts and Care for about £12 and turned up very quickly, considering they are based in Spain.

Back
Top Bottom