Recent acquisitions. You blokes are costing me a fortune!

(1) The Merkur Progress arrived yesterday (A tad over £40 delivered from Shaving Shack...good service too). But it has to be said I've had two superb shaves with it...better than the other recent purchases (R89, R41, B/Heart).

(2) Who suggested the 'Murray & Lanman Florida Water Cologne' ? I can't remember. But that turned up today and it's got a haunting smell that reminds me of something - not sure what - but is nice and might order another three off Ebay for about £3.50 each delivered if you buy three. (I paid a fiver, delivered).

(3) Collected the ultrasonic cleaner from Aldi today as a result of recommendations here.

(4) Have just ordered 100 Rapira Swedish for the same price as the, recently ordered, Voskhods from utu77 (About £6.80 delivered as I recall)

(5) Because I read on here that Palmolive were stopping production of the green stuff I just got three sticks and three tubes of cream.

(6) I'm dithering over several soaps that you've mentioned and/or I've read about here and elsewhere.

(7) I'd have got the Quorum from Tesco - but it's now OOS. Have gone on their list to be emailed when it's back.

And so it goes on.

And this in addition to the numerous soaps, creams, oil & balms, Alum etc. etc.

Admittedly only one new shaving mirror at £118 in the Jan. sales.

At this rate I'll have to send the Mrs out on the streets and sell the cats. That should raise about £7.50. (and that'll be from the sale of the cats).

ravey said:
Got any pics of the cats?

I have...but don't ask meoww to load them up. Someone is gonna have to give me a line by line tutorial how to load them on the site. I'm not signed up to any of the photo sharing thingys that I see mentioned. I have an on line Google account if that's any good.

It would have to be in short words and spelt out really slowly and, ideally, with little drawings and diagrams.

I have a camera with an SD card that I use to load pics on to the PC - stored in My Docs / My Pictures and have emailed photos in the past with varying degrees of success. And just remembered I loaded a picture of my car's offside driveshaft on to a motoring forum once - but can't remember how I did it. (someone must have guided me through it).

I'm hard work at times, am I not?

You might choose just to imagine what the cats look like...one's ginger and white and the other one's black.

:)

Well, twere a jest, but to link hosted images you can use free hosting sites. Go to http://tinypic.com/ click choose file, find your pics (I assume you can navigate your file system), click upload, you may have to enter some text to demonstrate you're human, then you should be presented with some links. Copy and paste the one that has IMG tags.

It all seems simple to someone who knows so if that's not clear I can post something with pics when I'm at my PC.

Also I dug out an old post showing how to add pics to the forum rather than have them hosted elsewhere:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29422&pid=405075#pid405075

Had a look at the site, ravey. This will either work - or it won't........

2iqeij5.jpg

OK. It worked...but it's a bit on the big side. I just used the default option on the sizing box. Maybe I need to re-visit that bit?

Thanks.

(the huts are at Dawlish).

ravey said:
Also I dug out an old post showing how to add pics to the forum rather than have them hosted elsewhere:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29422&pid=405075#pid405075

Thanks - I'll check that out.

sheds! my other half is getting quite insistent that i need to acquire/build another shed as she is sick of me taking over the kitchen table with old razors, tools, rags and polish!
i think its a good idea......wait till the weather warms up a bit though, eh!

Given that them there sheds/beach huts are yards from the sea at Dawlish Warren it could be a bit academic in view of what happened a couple hundred yards further along at Dawlish. Loads of stuff was demolished but I don't actually know if those particular huts survived. (For those that don't live in the SW and might have forgotten that's where the track was left hanging in mid air - as were a couple of the houses immediately behind it left in a state of suspension).

Back
Top Bottom