received my FrenchBlade/Man of Leisure starter pack!

I received both my parcels from FrenchBlade and Master of Leisure beginner today! For those not in the loop, I gave up with my extortionate Gilette Fusion and bought a 20GBP starter pack from FrenchBlade. This contained a functional, albeit a little worn superspeed and an absolutely mint and really quite beautiful Gilette Tech (60's)! Man of Leisure sent me some awesome lather and blades as well which I can try out this weekend. I have to thank all those who welcomed me, helped me and sorted me out with some really cool stuff. The brush is a Simpson's Beaufort pure badger and really looks great.

My girlfriend loves the vintage style, i'm just looking forward to trying it out this weekend. I'm especially intrigued by Nanny's Zinger! So, thanks a lot guys and i'm sure you'll see me around posting (and probably spending :D)!

847317da.jpg

Wow, that's great!! Looks like Monsavon there which is good stuff. What's in the ramekin - is it Palmolive? Nanny's is lovely stuff too. You are a lucky man. :shave

Enjoy Sir, and if its helps since starting with a DE razor my wife commented tonight that she was glad I had started shaving this way as she loves the smell of the products and how smooth my face is.

As has been said, watch Mantic59's youtube page it really helped me when I started what two weeks ago now?

I have not looked back, have a good shave! :shave :D

OK, so pro tips needed as I am new to this. I have a pot of Palmolive and Monsavon, do I lather up in that? Or do I have to use a separate cup? I watched some videos by Mantic59 about the perfect lather, but i'm not sure of the answer!

OK, so how do you get it out? Do you just dig a chunk out and put it in a separate pot? Do you think I can lather up the palmolive in the pot (it's in the original picture), or again, will that ruin it?

alex98uk said:
OK, so how do you get it out? Do you just dig a chunk out and put it in a separate pot? Do you think I can lather up the palmolive in the pot (it's in the original picture), or again, will that ruin it?

'Load your brush' which involves swirling the brush around the soap for 20-30 seconds. You don't want the brush very wet at this stage (I squeeze mine out) as you can add more later. Once the brush has a decent amount of soap it will already look like lather but there won't be much of it. You need to continue the process in bowl or wide coffee cup, or on your face. This is the stage you add a few drops of water after each swirl around until a decent lather is produced. For me this is around thirty seconds or so but most probably take longer. Actually the best thing to do is go on YouTube and seek out Mantic 59's video on the subject! :D Good luck, you'll get it in no time!

Here you are, just found it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7Aj9vwrtc[/youtube]

Swirl a damp not wet brush in either for around 20-30 seconds then face lather it adding a tiny bit of water if needed until thick enjoy :mrgreen:

edit beat to it!!! ;)

Ya, I watched that video, really informative :) So, i'll have to find a bowl, I think i'll just use a pudding bowl for now as I have nothing else to lather in :p

What I kinda meant was, the bowl that the Palmolive is in, do I swoosh around the brush in that, or take some of it and lather it up in a separate bowl? If you look at the pic on the first page, the palmolive is in a small bowl.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545</a><!-- l -->

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55</a><!-- l -->

Back
Top Bottom