Real shaving company shaving cream

Didn't try it but there are reviews on youtube etc', fairly cheap from Creightons at the moment £1 for 150ml (but £2.95 delivery), I don't think it's anything you can't get from a tube of Palmolive cream which is far widely available.

http://www.beautyatcreightons.co.uk/product-category/brands/the-real-shaving-company-classic/

Code AP15 for 15% off

Saw it on offer at Creightons, was going to buy a load at that price, but seen mixed reviews on youtube etc. Just wondered if anyone on here can recommend it?

I like the RSC creams. They are very good, create a good lather, slick and give good skin protection, especially post shave. the only real problem is they don't come with a posh scent.

You can get these in Savers, Home Bargains (or B&M Bargains I always get them mixed up) for around about a £1 give or take 20p and they are available at full price in Boots (between £2 and £4 depending on which one you get).

I use them fairly regularly, don't use creams as often as soaps, and always have a good shave from them.

their balms and face washes are also very good.

I would say they are on a par with other high street creams such as Ingrams and Palmolive but can be better if you want an unscented cream. I ever so slightly prefer it Palmolive simply because Palmolive over moisturises my skin, which is a bit oily, so I don't tend to use Palmolive as often.

Griffo said:
I like the RSC creams. They are very good, create a good lather, slick and give good skin protection, especially post shave. the only real problem is they don't come with a posh scent.

You can get these in Savers, Home Bargains (or B&M Bargains I always get them mixed up) for around about a £1 give or take 20p and they are available at full price in Boots (between £2 and £4 depending on which one you get).

I use them fairly regularly, don't use creams as often as soaps, and always have a good shave from them.

I would say they are on a par with other high street creams such as Ingrams and Palmolive but can be better if you want an unscented cream. I ever so slightly prefer it Palmolive simply because Palmolive over moisturises my skin, which is a bit oily, so I don't tend to use Palmolive as often.

Thanks for the info mate, might try some, definitely needs to be slick and moisturising, as i have dry sensitive skin.

Griffo said:

At list in our neck of the woods (SW) Savers and Home Bargains /B&M etc' only carry the Gel (a very good one) and the face scrub, I haven't seen the RSC lathering shaving cream in these shops for over a year.

They have two lines, one called Classic and one is just called the RSC. The RSC line can be found in Boots/Superdrug and JL for example and it's around £4 for a 125ml tube.

The Classic lines comes in a 150ml tubes or 100ml and these are the shaving creams Savers use to stock but no more. Saying that it's still cheap from Creighton's own shop.

Ah right I was in Savers on Saturday and saw the RSC stuff but didn't pay attention to exactly what they had.

I usually buy mine when Creightons have a sale on as my wife likes their body butters and shampoos so it means I don't get told off for ordering more shaving gear.

I have the Classic and the bog standard tubes of cream. Both very good.

I'll back Griffo up, I like this stuff. It's a very good cream, for performance only I'd rate it as highly as the other Creighton products including the stuff they make for the high end brands. It might not smell of much but it shaves well, it lathers really well, it protects and it doesn't irritate. My wife loves it for her leg shaving too.
I'd use it exclusively except I'm one of those silly bastards who'll pay another tenner for a good scent and a posh pot.

Creighton don't do rubbish shaving creams, they know their stuff. You can trust RSC and it deserves a better following, if it cost more then it might have a bigger reputation.

Canuck said:
I'll back Griffo up, I like this stuff. It's a very good cream, for performance only I'd rate it as highly as the other Creighton products including the stuff they make for the high end brands. It might not smell of much but it shaves well, it lathers really well, it protects and it doesn't irritate. My wife loves it for her leg shaving too.
I'd use it exclusively except I'm one of those silly bastards who'll pay another tenner for a good scent and a posh pot.

Creighton don't do rubbish shaving creams, they know their stuff. You can trust RSC and it deserves a better following, if it cost more then it might have a bigger reputation.

Think i will deffo try some. Love your picture mate, makes me smile every time i read one of your posts :)

http://www.beautyatcreightons.co.uk/product/the-real-shaving-company-traditional-shave-cream/

I spotted the above in Boots a few years ago (different packaging, same ingredients), and bought a tube on a whim. It may be low-priced, and under-hyped, but it gives me a great shave. A small amount on the face gives me plenty of lather with no effort. I always feel as if it gives me a slightly closer shave than other creams/soaps. My face doesn't feel dry/tight afterwards (the cocoa butter, perhaps?). The scent isn't it's selling point, but I think it smells clean, and not artificial, mostly of the cocoa butter. I associate the scent with a good shave. As it's no longer in my local Boots, I'm going to take advantage of the 50% sale, and buy a few tubes of each, well worth it imo.

rolatruck said:
Has anyone used real shaving company shave cream? Is it worth trying?

Yes, it is worth trying, especially if you can buy it at a discount price (often in big franchise like Boots). At first, I must admit that I could not build a proper lather with my regular brush (super badger T&H), but sill managed to get a good shave.

Now, I build the lather with a synthetic shaving brush and the resulting texture is truly slick and smooth.

The smell of the cream is something close to melon with a hint of cucumber. Very hydrating indeed, I sometimes do not even bother to apply after shave balm or lotion.

I've tried the sensitive and moisturising versions of the Classic line (for 55p each in a 50% off sale). Solid performers, not too keen on the scent (think sports bodywash), and they took couple of goes to hit the performance groove. But hard to argue at that price.

RSC also do a range called Groomed (for Asda I think). They seem to have discontinued the tub I have, but that's on a par with T&H No. 10, although the scent isn't as refined. Even the containers they come in are the same, although the T&H one has a nicer finish on it, making it look classier.

I suspect the difference in price on the Creighton's made products comes down to the cost of the scent.

Back
Top Bottom