RazoRock Super Knurl Razor

On a recent order from Italian Barber I picked up one of their Super Knurl DE razors that is merely another in an ocean of Merkur "scallop" head clones such as the DE89 lines. I paid $17.99 U.S. for it and the handle is easily worth that. The handle, as the moniker says, is heavily knurled as well as just plain heavy stainless steel. Being no great lover of the "scallop" style head razors I bought this one as it piqued my interest with the advertising of *Now comes with the upgraded DE89 razor head! Well, the hook was set as I thought perhaps it might just be a tad more aggressive.

I have shaved with it a few times now and to be frank I could tell no difference between this "new" head and the one on a friend's Mission razor sold by them that I had used in the past. In all fairness, perhaps they meant better QC. It is a relatively mild razor just like the DE89 family which I rank along side the post-war Gillette Tech for aggression.

I may peddle it to a local fella I am "cultivating" for a total transition to DE shaving as it's a good beginner razor. I have come to the conclusion after several years & many different DE razors that for my mug I simply cannot find anything better than my Canadian pre-war Gillete Tech or my beloved Schick Krona. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom