Razorock Blue Barbershop Aftershave

Taken from the user reviews tab on IB:

"If you're expecting it to smell like Floid Blue, I've got some bad new for you.

Let me just start by saying that Floid Blue has been my primary aftershave for over ten years. I stockpiled several 400mL bottles when I heard it was being discontinued. Every so often I look for a few more bottles, or look for something similar, and saw this so I thought I'd try it out. The review that follow is based purely on the scent as opposed to the performance as an aftershave.

In short, it smells nothing like Floid Blue. Believe me, if this were even in the same neighborhood as Floid Blue, I'd be very happy. And that's *not* to say that it is bad aftershave. I'm just saying it this doesn't even remind me of Floid Blue a little bit. This has a much more floral profile and almost vaguely reminds me of a mild lavender hand lotion. The powdery scent from Floid is somewhere between much subtler, and completely missing, here among others scents. This aftershave is so dissimilar, I'm honestly shocked the end result was supposed to be anything like Floid Blue.

So, look, if you're not looking for something exactly like Floid Blue maybe this is worth a shot. If you are looking for something exactly like Floid Blue, you're going to be disappointed.

Two stars because it smells nice, probably makes a decent aftershave, but is nowhere near Floid Blue."

Have the triple milled soap. Don't know how the floid blue smells but this got some very mild scent which is hard to describe for me. It is rather citrus scent that is dominant to my nose in background there is maybe some florals. Strength wise maybe 4-5 out of 10.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"If you're expecting it to smell like Floid Blue, I've got some bad new for you.

Let me just start by saying that Floid Blue has been my primary aftershave for over ten years. I stockpiled several 400mL bottles when I heard it was being discontinued. Every so often I look for a few more bottles, or look for something similar, and saw this so I thought I'd try it out. The review that follow is based purely on the scent as opposed to the performance as an aftershave.

In short, it smells nothing like Floid Blue. Believe me, if this were even in the same neighborhood as Floid Blue, I'd be very happy. And that's *not* to say that it is bad aftershave. I'm just saying it this doesn't even remind me of Floid Blue a little bit. This has a much more floral profile and almost vaguely reminds me of a mild lavender hand lotion. The powdery scent from Floid is somewhere between much subtler, and completely missing, here among others scents. This aftershave is so dissimilar, I'm honestly shocked the end result was supposed to be anything like Floid Blue.

So, look, if you're not looking for something exactly like Floid Blue maybe this is worth a shot. If you are looking for something exactly like Floid Blue, you're going to be disappointed.

Two stars because it smells nice, probably makes a decent aftershave, but is nowhere near Floid Blue."
Thanks, not what I was hoping to hear. The search continues....

Thanks, not what I was hoping to hear. The search continues....

Back
Top Bottom