Razor stand

Hey guys,

as I'm going from one to two to a few to god knows how many razors I need some handy storage, currently my two in rotation are on the shelf in front of the mirror, but I feel the OCD need to get organised a bit better.

So, a mulitple razor stand of some kind would be nice, but what kind, from where, and how?

something like this would also be a good start if I can find it cheap enough :
QUADRAZORSUCTION.JPG

Any suggestions?

I'm knocking a simple one up from a couple of bits of oak I was given. Going for a simple test tube rack design to hold 8 razors only. It's only taken me 8 months so far!!!!

Paul.

That first picture looks great apart from the fact that it looks like it's attached with suckers to a pane of glass. The problem with suckers is that sooner or later they un-suck and the thing falls off - bad experience if you have four razors held.

I had my made for me, as I don't have the skills to make one look half decent.

Here's a photo of it. Very simple design, so if you possess any decent woodworking skills you could knock one up quite easily. Maybe someone could even sell them for members here.

fd0f029d-bfed-4505-a096-7a034d02ba9d_zps31ab461a.jpg

I use these test tube racks that are easy get hold of
[attachment=13133]

[attachment=13134]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424541440.426017.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424541440.426017.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424541467.715597.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424541467.715597.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 50
I'm the same as Darkbulb I use a test tube rack. Once varnished it's safe in the bathroom from damp. Plus it's dead simple to set a rotation this way. I tried the Ikea thing, but it was a pain to get the razor out.

StephenShave said:
Dave Q said:
I tried the Ikea thing, but it was a pain to get the razor out.

With respect Sir, how on earth was it a pain to get the razor out? You simply just lift it...

DSCN5504.jpg

Probably my fingers. It's one reason I need long handles. I have issues gripping items, and can't always pick items up. As I said I bought one from eBay and tried it, I just found it very difficult.

Very nice those Ikea stands, but they want £9 delivery, i dont have a store anywhere near me. Think the test tube idea is a bit of a cheaper option, found some on Ebay at £4.95 each.

Dave Q said:
Probably my fingers. It's one reason I need long handles. I have issues gripping items, and can't always pick items up. As I said I bought one from eBay and tried it, I just found it very difficult.

I have fitted a large rubber grommet round each of the holes which elevates the razor slightly, making it a bit easier to hold. (You can just about make them out on the photo - installed to prevent scratching the razors) But then again, I have small girlie hands so no issues getting into tight spaces LOL

Oh, £9 delivered isn't that bad as postage would be £2.80 Royal Mail small package. Though ideally, you want a mate who lives near an IKEA , who then visits you soon after! :icon_razz:

Ordered these test tube holders off the bay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAB-TEST-TUBE-STAND-TEST-TUBE-RACK-TEST-TUBE-HOLDER-250mm-L-x-115mm-H-/141338771862?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item20e8728196

Darkbulb said:
I use these test tube racks that are easy get hold of

Thanks for the suggestion, just got some off the bay, not quite as nice as yours but will do the job great.

Back
Top Bottom