Razor Info?

OK Men I know you will give me some info on this razor I recently restored, the scales are the original, and only needed a small amount of work and polishing, the blade had a small amount of rust mostly around the tang when I took the scales off and a little on the spine, no internal washer, I put on a new set when I reassembled the razor it's very small razor 4/8 and the blade markings read like this, Gotlieb Hammesfahr Soligen Foche. with the number 71 on one side and a Pyramid on the other side.

Jamie

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

Yes, I know a little bit about Hammesfahr. In fact the name is perhaps more familiar in knife fancying circles as they were responsible for the best of the third Reich ceremonial daggers, if I remember correctly. Google will supply you with all the historical details; my subjective take on the subject is that if there are any better ground German razors, I've yet to see one. Here is the thread on my highly unconventional reworking of a Pyramide.

That looks lovely Andy I must say, I dont know if I should take the razor to the buffer polisher, or leave it looking very clean and original, what do you think?

Jamie.

Back
Top Bottom